Having enquired at my local library the loan limit on books - per visit, I was amazed to learn the figure is now 24!

Recall taking the 4 mile round walk, in the 50's, to Nuthall Road library where the 2 books per time rule was strictly enforced. Although, doubtful I could have carted 24 items up Broxtowe Lane and Dulverton Vale!

Cheers

Robt P.

One could have if one used your garden wheel barrow.

I doubt very much if there are 24 books to the Janet and John series...?

Bip.

One could have if one used your garden wheel barrow.

I doubt very much if there are 24 books to the Janet and John series...?

Bip.

C'mon Bip, whats the point of all this, it's all getting stupid, out of hand and I'm getting drawn into it as well, critisise people if you like, we're all entitled to our opinions, but that was a pathetic attempted kick in the

bollocks

, it's going to go nowhere, the childish note on the guy sums you up, this is supposed to be an information exchange, not a sniping contest, and thats the way this forum seems to be going, and yes, I'm as guilty as the next man, but, perhaps we should take a deep breath and stop it now, otherwise there will be no reason for carrying on.

Can you people cut the childishness out and please grow up! Your spoiling the site for those that do enjoy it. If you don't like another member or their threads, stay away from them and don't read their threads. EVERYBODY has the right to post threads, whether YOU like them or their posts or not.

My referral to a wheelbarrow I thought was a logical one to the predicament of taking out so many books if at that time one could have lent that amount from a library.

The referral to Janet and John books in this case was aimed at my reading matter at this present time. If you recall I did mention in an earlier post and on another topic that at the moment I’m presently reading the Janet and John series…….

apologies will be accepted accompanied by a crisp new fifty pound note...

Bip.

Firbeck, personally I think your blowing this up out of all proportions, I don't know Den personally, but from his posts he has an outlandish sense of humour that can only really be appreciated "in the flesh". After being a member of this site almost since it's inception, I take Den as I find him, that is I have never found him offensive, he can be a little irritating at times, but so can we all when it's "that time of the month" if you get the gist. Quite a few on this site have had the pleasure of meeting Den, Mick, Frank and a few other members, and have had a good time in each others company. My own advice, for what it's worth, is let this drop and next time Den and his good lady have "open house" get "youresen" down there and have a few beers with them. I'm sure you'll walk away at the end of the evening with a whole new perspective on Den.

...My own advice, for what it's worth, is let this drop...

Exactly what Firbeck has already advocated (without any response) in his #3 above...

"...this is supposed to be an information exchange, not a sniping contest, and thats the way this forum seems to be going, and yes, I'm as guilty as the next man, but, perhaps we should take a deep breath and stop it now, otherwise there will be no reason for carrying on."

Cheers

Robt P.

...My own advice, for what it's worth, is let this drop...

Clearly your fellow 'Admin' has, in Para 1 of his latest blog, no intention of doing so...

Cheers

Robt P.

I have a library ticket taken out years ago, do I use it bu99er I don’t, reason being I don’t have any spare time to travel to a library or come to that read a sodding book for hours on end, I have always something to do during the day, before some of you remind me of what I have said in some of my blogs I do have time some days to visit my local library but to tell you frankly I just can’t be arsed, all my knowledge which there is very little of comes from doing a job and by making mistakes, in my book that’s the way one learns, never be frightened to make mistakes that’s what life’s all about, when one has learnt to laugh at ones mistakes and oneself then one has reach the pinnacle of self awareness and understanding of others failings.

I have notice of late a mobile library travelling about this area, is you think the same criteria applies to book lending as it does at a static book store?

Bip.

Hi Paulus its nice to talk to you.

I only use the royal ‘we’ when I need a pee in the early hours like this morning at five thirty or when out dancing with tich, she’s such a snob.

Romney Marsh in Kent hey!

You don’t happen to know Hearne Bay do you?

I spent nine lovely days last year [or was it this year] down there parked up just off the main promenade north end. I was down there seeing a lady I met on the internet, needless to say the relationship went tits up after she refuse to see me after a little understanding, contrary to belief it wasn’t sexual just something I did, the Scots can be a fiery race…

Sorry to have wondered off topic but it looks like from the lack of response to this topic that it’s died a sudden death.

Bip.

Hi Paulus its nice to talk to you.

I only use the royal ‘we’ when I need a pee in the early hours like this morning at five thirty or when out dancing with tich, she’s such a snob.

Cheek I am not a snob just brought up correctly!