Hey there does anyone out there in nottingham know the whereabouts of barry,we were great friends who lost touch,would lve to know he is still around,he lived at Arnold when we were young ha ha were we ever,so just get in touch and lets see if he is out there still !inthebin!

dougie

I've moved the topic into it's correct place Dougie, now hows about a few clues, (Age , area of Arnold, etc)

Another good route is through "Facebook" I've found a few old friends doing a search on there. To be honest, I've found it far better than Friends Reunited ever was/is.

Yeah, Friends Reunited seems to have lost it's ooomph! When it first started it worked really well - I contacted folks I haven't heard from in almost 40 years on there - but then it got sold off and became too "commercial" - and now seems very "flat" and inactive.

Only issue I have with FaceBook is that the search options are very limited - and the data it can search is limited to what the users choose to enter - which is often very scant. I find it especially difficult if I don't know a lady's married name - and most do not enter their maiden names! Oh well!

I never had any luck with FR over the years, but joined FB a few months back and found several old friends I'd lost contact with over the years. FR screwed up with charging for everything, then increasing the annual membership a couple of times. Then along came FB and other sites without charges.