Whether you love golf or hate it, you have got to admire Lee Westwood. He led after round 2 yesterday and is still leading after round 3. Let's hope he can make it a hat trick tomorrow and lead after round 4! He is a credit to Nottinghamshire.

He is from Worksop! He was interviewed yesterday at the end of the tournament and he still has (mostly) his "Nottingham" accent! Runner up in the Masters aint too shabby!

Another local that did well over the weekend (although from just over the Derwent in Heanor) was Leon Haslam. He won, and placed 4th in the two World Superbike races. In the six races so far this year he has won two, three seconds and one 4th and he leads the championship! Some of the bikers on here may remember his dad - "Rocket" Ron Haslam!

I used to deliver 'pop' to Ron, and remember him getting'done' for riding a motor bike with no licence!!!

I just finished reading his autobiography "Rocket Men". He never did get a motorcycle license - and, by all accounts, was a "bit of a lad" in his younger days. He grew up in Langley Mill - and my aunt knew the family!

What cracks me up is that BBC East got on the bandwaggon promoting Ian Poulter as a local boy, despite being born in Bucks and living in Milton Keynes, shudder.

Who won by the way, I forgot to look, or is it still going on, don't fancy them green blazers anyway, reminds me of Jehovahs Witnesses for some reason.