Wednesday 16th June will see us winding our way to Lincolnshire for a visit to "Bomber County" for the first one this year.

The highlight of the day will be the Red Arrows doing their 'proving flight' for the forth coming season, (This is of course much delayed by the crash in the Greek isles a few months back.) Morning coffee will be taken at "The Petwood Hotel" and lunch at "The Bluebell" in Tattershall Thorpe, famous for their fine ales and "Lincolnshire Ham and Eggs"

We will pull in RAFs Coningsby/the BBMF and Waddington along with other places of interest, including the Dam Busters memorial at Woodhall Spa.

Any one who wants to come along could you let us know ASAP so we can get the carpooling organized.

Rog , have you got "Bygones" Clifton Estate edition?? If not I've got a copy going begging!!

Save the Bygones for me please Ian, BTW don't forget that Thorpe camp is open on Wednesdays, as you know well worth the visit, Abbey Lodge on the way to Woodhall has some pics of AWACS all over the place (don't know why yet) and there's the Leagate inn near Coningsby camp (before you get to New York) they have some aviation stuff in but don't know what

Rog

They'll certainly be worth further inspection Rog

Ayup Ian, just a quick one, Rose is running in the "Race for Life" tomorrow (Sunday) only a 10 k but,,,,wait for it,,,, It's held at RAF Waddington down the main runway, so I might just get some pictures other than the race, if you know what i mean?

Rog

OK Rog , thanks for that.

I've got the times for the ' Reds' displays on the day now and it shouldn't be a problem to fit them in :-

Slot one: 10.20 ish.

Slot two: 12.30 ish.

Slot three: 14.40 ish.

Slot one for us, and off for coffee and medals looks good !!!!

The A153 near Coningsby is closed for a while if you can sort out a diversion Rog, also let us not forget the museum at Metheringham which we ain't made it to yet!!

The following are pinched from www.fightercontrol.co,uk

Hi all went to Conningsby today, if you, like me use the A17 then A153, then please note that the road is closed and DO follow the diversion signs. Its closed for 5 weeks but I don't know from when, but don't do what I did and drive all the way to the road works to then turn round and go all the way back to "MUMS DINER" to follow the diversion. Allow at least 30 mins extra on your trip as the diversion is a long one and spits you out near tattershal

Only closed from 0930-1700 each day. Other times you can get through. Also, the diversion is way too long.

There is a parallel road through 'Ruskington Fen' - try that if coming from Sleaford way, loads quicker.

If you keep on the A153 to just before Anwick there is a lay-by on the left,in the lay-by turn left and keep going about 2 miles untill you get to the T junction turn left it will take you to billinghay,turn right and that will take you back to the A153.

If you are travelling from Sleaford, use the A15 until you see the turning for Metheringham, it will be on the right. Through metheringham, onto Walcot, Billinghay, then left for Tattershall, then Coningsby. If coming from Lincoln, turn left off the A15, then same route as above. Thats the way we me & RM go. icon_e_smile.gif This route takes you through the old RAF Metheringham site, & there are quite a few old buildings still scattered around, & the water tower is plainly visible on your right hand side. icon_cool.gif

________________________________________________________________________________________

and finally one from this morning

As of 0630 this morning, almost half of the new road surface was in place. Not sure how much longer the roadworks are going to be there however. It would probably be safer to find an alternative route, just in case. Even the locals have been shafted by short notice and very poorly signed road closures.

I forgot to mention Rog, 'The Reds' flew back in to Scampton this morningenglandflag.gif

As said, go through Metheringham from the A15 over the rail crossing, about 1.5miles turn left to Martin opposite RAF Metheringham site, across Martin fen to the end, over Kirkstead bridge to Woodhall Spa, turn left for the Petwood or right for Thorpe camp or carry on passed Thorpe camp to the "T" junction turn left then first right to RAF Coningsby

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

Ayup Ian,

How many Notts folk are about to descend on Lincolnshire and do we have a start time?

Rog