Attention Owdtight and Old Ace

There is a very good chance of you seeing the Northern lights ("Aurora Borealis" ) tonight , (5/08/10) it was hoped it might put in an appearance over northern England too but this chance seems to have deminished. Sorry it's a bit late notice but I only got back home half an hour ago and have just finished wading through my mail that has come in this afternoon!!

!congrats!

There is a very good chance of you seeing the Northern lights ("Aurora Borealis" ) tonight , (5/08/10) it was hoped it might put in an appearance over northern England too but this chance seems to have deminished. Sorry it's a bit late notice but I only got back home half an hour ago and have just finished wading through my mail that has come in this afternoon!!

Dont panic Beefy, its all in hand. If the weather is good I will be out there with my camera and will post them on here...just got to hope the clouds lift...

Owdtite..

I may have to take the blame for it being cloudy every night. I bought a rather good astronomical telescope , with an automatic (and computer linked) electronic tracking device built in. I purchased said item after we had some fantastic clear nights in May/June, since I got it at the begining of July , it's been bloody cloudy every night!!

Sorry

I'll have a look to the north tonight too, if there's been a good sized solar flare we see the lights this far south. Eric should be able to see them if he gets away from the light pollution of the city too!

It's better in northern Michigan - we do have issues with light pollution, but if there is no moon, and a clear sky, visibility can be decent.

Unfortunately, I drained the hot-tub last week - sitting in it looking for shooting stars, etc. is a favorite evening pastime! We typically drain it in the summer to cut down the electric bill since we rarely use it from June through September.

Thanks for the heads up, thing is we have been in England for 12 days, just got back. The Lights have been scarce for a few years now. Looking forward to seeing them again soon.