Technical Colleges in Nottingham in 1957?

Hi,

We are trying to find someone who attended a technical college in Nottingham in 1957, but don't know the name of this college! We only have the name of the person, and that he studied Aircraft Engineering at a technical college in Nottingham around 1957/58. Vague i know, but if anyone has an idea what colleges were in existence then we'd be so grateful to hear from you....

thanks,

odamcc

Well don't leave us guessing , give us a clue to work with please , like the name!!!!

My eldest brother did an apprenticeship with Rolls Royce, Hucknall in the 50's, and he went to the technical college on Shakespeare St. I think it was just called Nottingham Technical College?

I don't know what year the People's College opened, but they did electrical and mechanical engineering courses for apprentices ranging from Electricians, turners, motor trades engineering, armature winding etc in EMEU courses up to C&G, ONC and HNC levels. There was also Arnold and Carlton that took engineering apprenticeship courses up to HNC levels.

I don't know what year the People's College opened, but they did electrical and mechanical engineering courses for apprentices ranging from Electricians, turners, motor trades engineering, armature winding etc in EMEU courses up to C&G, ONC and HNC levels. There was also Arnold and Carlton that took engineering apprenticeship courses up to HNC levels.

Found a history site on Peoples College:

History of Peoples College

• 4 weeks later...