Nottingham 1677 Map

Brilliant Knaylor,

This is what this site is all about, I notice on the eastern side of the map there's villages under the names of Norton Disney, North Scarle and Doddington, these are all in Lincolnshire now, in fact i only live about a mile and half from Norton Disney, very interesting map which I shall study when i get a bit more time, thankyou

Rog

re the 1677 map, not that good, for a start wheres Radcliffe Power Station? and The Great Central. lol

only joking, as already mentioned all welcome. I looked at that old map site and managed to see Old Basford with the original Vernon Road route, The extended gas works, Fairfax Street and the Nottingham Rd route through to Church St

Oy ye merry jester ye (Ashley) that would be Ratcliffe power station if you're going to take the rise sirrah!!...............rotfl.gif

Great find there Knaylor

Do you know that's about first time I've noticed different spelling! probably as living in Radcliffe for last 8 years? Anyway not wanting to preach to the perverted, but if local and with an interest in maps The Local History dept of main library on top floor of Angel Row (even has it's own lift)has dozens of local 26 inch to mile maps, all hidden away in cases, but staff there will get them if you ask, also photocopy sections so long as maps of interest are (I think) 25 years old? There is also the photo records dept there, behind doors, you have to ask , sign in and produce id, but then left alone with 1,000's of indexed A4 photos! slowly they are making such on line (Picture The Past) but maybe only a quarter thus so far? again vast majority of these can be photo copied

• 1 year later...