Anyone into satelite TV?

I recently bought a Satellite TV system. I can recommend this system to all who want to expand their viewing experience.(and language skills)

My next purchase was a dish motor to Track the many satellite on the 'Clarke Belt'

Here I have come unstuck as I am having great difficulty in setting up the motor and receiver.

Is there anyone local who has any knowlede of these systems

Help here would be greatly apprecited

A good site for further information is www.satellites.co.uk

I had a Uniden system years ago that had a polarmount sytem, I never ever got it to track right no matter how many hours spent twiddling and tweaking.. eventually a trade off was accepted by setting it to receive a good reception on sky etc, with a weaker signal on the other sats I seldom watched. ..

I reckon if you want it 100% you'll need the man with the setting up device .. whatever that may be!

I had a Uniden system years ago that had a polarmount sytem, I never ever got it to track right no matter how many hours spent twiddling and tweaking.. eventually a trade off was accepted by setting it to receive a good reception on sky etc, with a weaker signal on the other sats I seldom watched. ..

I reckon if you want it 100% you'll need the man with the setting up device .. whatever that may be!

I had a "BUD" Big Ugly Dish for many years, most important detail!! The "mast" has to be dead plumb!!!! half a degree out anywhere and you are thousands of miles off target!! DON'T use a spirit level!! They are notoriously inaccurate! Use a plumb bob!

I have three "saucers" at the moment, thats the little dishes dedicated to one commercial satellites, I will be upgrading my dishes soon though so as I can watch more birds.

I'm on the lookout for another BUD so I can mount an array of LNB's to it for different set ups.

I watch 11o, 119 and was watching the Canadian Nimiq1, but after Belvue Express and Dishnetwork changed to Nagravision2 encryption, have only been able to get hole of the "fix" for Dishnetwork.

BTW, check lyngsat website out, all you want to know about whats up there!!

Also al7bar is the best forum for satellite viewing hobby!! Probably the biggest too with over 100,000 members!!

AYUP!

Some of them birds is a bit low fer me here in Sunny Sawley!

Yep, don't look up without your glasses on Mick! :D :D :D :D

Friends Tele smelly 56 channels and nothing on..

Only 56 Den??? We have over 20 movie channels! I watch live UK soccer, when I have time, at least two matches live on Saturdays! plus mid week games, plus German league!

Then all that learning on the discovery and history channels. Sh!t, I have getting on for 200 channels, maybe more! :P