Another Thug Got Lead Poisoning.

A feller in Florida was shot in his upper torso and will be facing charges as soon as he is well enough.

Seems he approached a stopped car, the article doesn't say what for, but presuming for traffic lights.

He reaches through the open window of the car shouting abuse at the driver, then grabs the driver and starts beating several shades out of him, then reaches over him to steal something from the back seat.

One thing he didn't count on, the driver had a Concealed Weapons Permit and was "packing", he drew his revolver and shot the assailant, picked up his cell phone and punched in 911, notified the dispatcher what had happened etc.. and waited for the police to arrive..

He has been cleared by the Sheriff's department, the other feller faces a few years behind bars when he's recovered......

I was talking to a guy in a hotel in Florida a few years ago.

He was approached in his garage at home in Florida by a

man who threatened him with a knife for his wallet which he

handed over.

When law enforcement arrived they asking him if he had

a gun in his vehicle in the garage, to which he replied yes.

They then proceeded to give him a bollocking for not

shooting the robber.

I've read some interesting stories from fellers in Texas, they have the ultimate "Castle Doctrine" law of all states. One was from a small town, house owner shot dead a "nasty" at his door, called the Sheriff's office to report the incident, two Deputies arrive, "Damn this is going to cause two pages of paperwork, can we drag the body inside your doorway"?? "Yeah, sure, but why" "We have ready printed out standard paperwork for that sort of incident" I thought that one was funny.

But Texas covers an "intruder" status the moment they cross from the sidewalk onto your property, slightly different here, they are a criminal trespasser unless they enter ones house uninvited, then they are breaking and entering.

Like a lot of States, ours requires us to obtain a concealed weapons permit to carry a hidden firearm. I don't carry either... To get one you have to have been on a certified course to learn gun safety and spend so my hours on a gun range with an instructor. The Local Police Chief or Sheriff issues the permit, usually to cover adjacent Counties as well as the one one lives in.

We in this state can carry a firearm at all times, as long as it's in full view.

Now get this, in California, if you have a gun in the car, it MUST be unloaded, the gun in FULL view at all times from outside the car!!! How stupid!!

Here, again, the gun must be unloaded and the gun HIDDEN from full view at ALL times. A lot more sensible.