HI all . Finally got round to joining this great forum . Im Andrew Fox, in my 40's . living in carlton, went to school in Netherfield then Carlton Le Willows.

One of my first jobs after leaving school was working in the local slaughterhouse in netherfield. Lots of blood. This was very good training for my current job which i have done for the last 20 odd years. Work in the security industry in the role of door supervisor, used to be called bouncers years ago. In this job ive worked at most of the pubs and nightclubs talked about on this forum, the good the bad and the ugly

For a hobby i collect old 1960's one armed bandits and other coin operated machines.

Its Ian who helped to get me on to this forum. We knocked around together in the early 90's, had a great weekend away in blackpool, im just about recovering from it now.

Ayup me old mucker , about time too ! (believe it or not I had him all signed up and ready to go a couple of years back , but I think he forgot how to switch his computer back on!

Ah Blackpool, the weekend nearest the 17th of September every year for about 5 years for me (Even went on my own one year!) Great laugh, great fairground !! Do you remember trying to get into the pub on the North Pier, cowardly doorman wouldn't let us in 'cause I had a Notts County shirt on , so I went and bought a sweatshirt and he still wasn't going to let us in !! Then I think he realised that two blokes twice the size of him might cause him a few problems, not that we would !!...LOL and he relented and let us in!

Still see owt of John ?

Have worked at the new Arriba in the past. Presently i supply doorstaff for the Arriba owners Alan and Margaret at two of the other bars they own, The Turf Tavern, also Bar Snapps on st james's street, next to the Arriba.

Ian, i remember the sweatshirt incident at the north pier bar , glad you got us in eventually, remember walking in to find half of Nottingham in there.Seem to remember Forest were playing somewhere up that way that weekend.

Also remember after a few shandies in the afternoon and making our way back to our luxury accomodation for a power nap, all we could hear was sirens and helicopters overhead. We later found out that the whole of the foxhall market shopping centre had burnt down. It was caused by somebody trying out a cigarette lighter that was in a card packet on a display stand. Caused millions of pounds worth of damage.

Not seen john for about 3 years , he now resides in Cotgrave with 4 children , still exchange crimbo cards.

What i would give to time travel back to the last carlton bus on a sunday night circa 1993. What some people might not know is what a good singer Ian is. He used to entertain the upper deck of the bus with his Elvis numbers , Nearly missed my stop more than once was enjoying it that much.

It has been rumoured that Elvis didn't die , he just moved to Carlton !!

Elvis is alive and well and living at my house lol my Hubby has pictures of him all over the house, the only place he ISNT is the bathroom he is banned from there lol :rolleyes: