Any other arty farty people in the forum??

I do all kinds of textile art - felting, quilting, embroidery `n that. I`ve just finished doing two of my Christmas cards using a mixture of ribbon embroidery and beading. As each one took me a week only two special people get them!

I started making a patchwork quilt a few years ago and it still lies half finished in a corner of the back bedroom. Every New Year I resolve, 'This is the year I finish the quilt!'

\snip\

I started making a patchwork quilt a few years ago and it still lies half finished in a corner of the back bedroom. Every New Year I resolve, 'This is the year I finish the quilt!'

Right! I shall be watching this space with effect from 1st January and I expect to see news of a finished quilt before the year is out :o)

I tried the "Edit" but it wouldn't allow me to take out the double quote, only to remove the text.

There should be another button 'USE FULL EDITOR'

Or perhaps thats only available to staff?

I dont know, I'm not a member :)

But normal edit should allow removing quotes?

• Upvote 1

Normal Edit only allows me to remove the actual quote but not the quote tabs, hence my double quote with text in only one. I haven't tried "Full Editor" but will do so the next time I make a bog of things - promise :o)

OK all this talk of posting correctly , can we also just use the box at the bottom of the page to write a post rather than quote the previous post all the time please?

I always snip irrelevant bits of quoted posts and leave in the bit to which I am responding. This, IMO, makes clear which post I am replying to and avoids mix-ups. On two occasions I have multi-quoted by accident and now that I have been made aware of a method of correcting my mistakes any future posts should comply with forum etiquette. However, I will accede to the Admin request to discontinue quoting. No hard feelings and apologies if I have upset anyone :o)

No problem with you quoting earleir posts Compo me old mucker , it's just the one directly before that you don't need to quote from . We don't mind snippets either !. LOL