Just thort ide start a topic where folk can relay 'stupid' things that they have done over the years.

(hence the Title )

Was just recently reminded of a story of being kids growing up where one evening it was cold so we sheltered in the local laundrette where it was warm...chucked our jackets in a dryer to warm em up fer a bit....ended up with a red ribbon about 40ft long that we didnt put in...turned out one mate had a roll of red insulation tape in his pocket...

When I was a fairly young kid, the brakes on my bike were making a lot of noise; every time I slowed down or stopped there was an almighty screeching and squealing from the brake pads on the wheels.

So I put some oil on the wheel rims...............

As a 10yr old (Early 1961) I was playing on the new Arnold Fire Station building site at the back of Allen and Solley's where John Lewis factory now stands when my mate got stuck thigh deep in the mud and couldn't get out. I put a plank over the bog and slid up to him to pull him out but his weight combined with the mud on the plank caused me to fall in with him - now we were both stuck. the Third member of our crew went to a nearby house and managed to get the fire brigade to come and dig us out. Received a sound thrashing from my dad but the story made front page in the Evening Post the next day :o)