Nottingham physic churches

Hi Pixie,when you say someone came to give you a reading,is that Tarot cards?. Do you know the history of Tarot cards,like much of the belief in spirits,ghosts,etc' it is medieval.There are many people who profess the ability to read Tarot cards,and try to explain the illustrations,knowing nothing at all about them.

Every country in Europe has a version of Tarot cards,with differing illustrations.I have not heard of Tarot readings telling of hauntings,usually it is a personal reading.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Stu, I have followed this thread since its inception. Lurking in the shadows as it were. I post now with some trepidation as I have seen too many discussions of spirituality plunge into accusa

Be very careful Pixie. There are many unscrupulous people out there who have learnt the trade of picking up bits of information from what you say and feeding you with it so that you give away more st

Pixie, when I was a young I had dreams in my head and heart and I set out to achieve them; now that I'm a pensioner, I'm still the same. Don't think of yourself dying whilst living. Whilst living,

Someone came to my house, she did my tarots but we went on to discuss happenings within the house. I had said I had some experiences n she went on to describe who's here, I hadn't told her beforehand what they looked like as iv seen one of then myself - how she described them was bang on what I had seen for myself, house seems alot more relaxed this evening too :) always a bonus!

Be very careful Pixie. There are many unscrupulous people out there who have learnt the trade of picking up bits of information from what you say and feeding you with it so that you give away more stuff that can easily be interpreted by the spiritual con-artist; hence they might come in knowing nothing but still give you a reading that agrees with what you believe. They are very, very clever and good at their job.

If you want a more honest and in all probability, more accurate version go to the Spiritualist church and see if the medium has a message for you. All it costs is a small donation in the collection plate.

• Upvote 1

There is a Spiritualist Church at the top of Derby Road ,my Daughter goes there with her friends and she has had quite a few reading and messages , she went last night and was told her G/Grandma was looking after and she had a dog with her she described this dog down to a "t" said it was small , black and white with long fur he was my grans dog but i never saw him because he died before i was born i have a photo of him so i am going to show her

I used to belong to an awareness group but................... one of the people who ran it said i had a good imaginnation because i told him the venu it was at was haunted it was a hostile atmosphere which not only i felt, one of the group who attended was slapped by this entity so what more proof do you need Pixie you need some white sage ( dried) light it and let the smoke go in all the corners of the rooms it calms the athmosphere also crystals may help i have an Angel Altar and i put all my crystals around i will check which will help you some are very strong and give out protection

Been brought up around physics & tarot cards.. The person in my family who does them never alows people to answer questions & doesnt want to know anything. So iv stuck to that, i never answered anything & Alowed that person to tell ME things then confirmed it all well after.. I go to a physic church every so often as well. Im aware of con's.. Iv seen a few, asking me if my grandma, grandfather have passed... asking me questions before they even tell me anything IE 'Are you in a relationship....' I didnt hang around long enough for these people to give me a reading, i refused to pay & left.

Hey Pixie have found some info on crystals which may help

1 Amethyst

A powerful and protective stone, guards against psychic attack

2 Selenite

Another powerful stone this cannot be cleasned using water as it will disappear ' in fact it dosent nheed to be cleaned as it holds no negtive energy works well along side Amethyst

3 Jade

gives the wearer protection from negative energies

hope these help there is a web site you can go on its called Crystal Properties Metaphyscial products you can get a lot of information there

I read the above posts with interest,burning white sage in the home,wearing stones to protect against psychic attack,what next,a garland of garlic flowers,a mallet and stakes.I repeat myself it's medieval. Collective hysteria is not proof of anything.

The infamous Pendle witches were nothing more than a group of people who were sentenced on the concocted evidence of an angry girl. Agreed Mudgie, much of it is medieval jiggery pokery but like all placebos, it works if you believe in it.

Im not a great believer in crystals, but i do have a lump of amothyst & jade.. i also carry a smaller stone of both in my handbag. I believe crystals release GOOD energy.. I never knew they could protect you. I do have a cross in my living room though and i allways feel at ease in that room.. I wear a cross too but i dont think it 'protects' me as such.. things still happen to me lol. Now i really want to see a medium, but i have no idea where to find one who is really good at what they do...

no not a christian, i just believe theres 'something' i think that the cross wards off bad spirits... thats why its in my living room - The cross i wear was passed to me from a relation before they died, i wear it because it means alot to me.

...Eating garlic (even garlic bread) Helps to prevent colds & flu :)

although i am not a christian i concider myself as an agnostic . but i do belive that there is an afterter life and have several times in my life seen or heard people who were no longer in this word ,i saw my grandfarther several times when i was small he used to come and sit on the bed kiss my cheeck and say hello.he died before i was born so i had never seen him not even a photo at that stage.when we lived in lenton i would often hear my younger son who at the time was under 3 years old having a conversation with a man as i went up the stairsthis was very unnerving the first time as i thought there was someone in the house in his room,on opening his bedroom door no one to be seen and nowear they could hide. when i asked him who he was talking to he said that man with the long brown frock tide with string. as we lived on the site of the old lenton abbeyhis discription to me described a monkat that time he was much too young to know about monks ect. when asked what they talked abouthe just said lots of things.but he was never frieghtend.

these are justa couple of the experinces i have had but was always brought up to belive the dead will never harm you only the living so i have never had any fear myself.

Im the same, im not a christian but i do believe in an after life. i dont believe 'god' created the planet or adam n eve.. (though i dont mock anyone who believes in it either, everyone has a right to their own beliefs) i believe in evolution, theres too much everdance to say otherwise. I too have allways been bought up that the dead cannot harm you, only the living. Even though i believe in after life, i still dont understand weather your spirit comes back as just an energy, or if you can see and hear like we can now. Im petrifide of death, when i was pregnant the dear took over & i was scared on a daily basis, so scared it made me physically sick.. the fear creeps up on me at night time when falling to sleep, i know its going to happen & thats what scares me the most. Maybe as i get older itll ease.. Iv been told its simply like stepping into another room, you wont even know its happend when its happend. Strange ey - believing in an afterlife but being so scared of death, youd of thought it may ease it at least.

Is there life after death?, mankinds oldest unanswered question. There are so many theories,but no positives only by putting your faith into a belief of your own choosing,whatever it may be.

Do you not think your spirit,energy,soul,name it what you will,goes forward?why would it return to this world.Isn't it reasonable to go to a new plane of existance.It's kinda' nice to think if we don't have bodies,we don't suffer pain and illness.All we take is love. A great man of our time said "All you need is love".

We will all meet again on a warm distant shore.

How very true , i questioned this from a very early age about the afterlife where do you go when you die How many times do we have to come back to this earth till we get to go to a higher plane? and do we have a choice?

They say that theirs different planes you go upto.. iv allways thought its nice to think you hang around untill your close friends and family have passed & are with you before moving on to another plane... or maybe coming back again, As we can progress and see our past lives, id love to do this (I cant remember that its called) & apparently, your able to go forward too.

Thats the one! n the one going into your future is Progression? iv seen it on tv, n allways though.. id LOVE to do that, but no idea how to go about it.

Pixie: Try reading some of Dennis Wheatley's books on astral travel. They are novels but c̲l̲a̲i̲m̲e̲d̲ to be based on fact.

i shall give that a read, compo! Just read a book about the after life, apparenyl based on facts.. Where people have claimed to have phonecalls from people who have passed, & other bits n bobs about the after life n what happens when you die. Its an amazing subject, so many thoughts and opinions on it that all differ. I guess the only person who can come close to telling you what its like when the time coems is a real Medium. But like i said in a post before, I have been told by a medium that its simply like stepping into another room.. Who knows? Am i the only one who is terrifide of when the time comes & Not being on this earth anymore? Abit of a depressing question to ask, but im curious to know..