Nottingham physic churches

Pixie, you shouldn't be terrified of passing, what you must do - if I can advise is: 'cease the day', live each day as if it was your last. Then if you reach a grand old age you can look back on your life and be content that you did much with your time on earth.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Stu, I have followed this thread since its inception. Lurking in the shadows as it were. I post now with some trepidation as I have seen too many discussions of spirituality plunge into accusa

Be very careful Pixie. There are many unscrupulous people out there who have learnt the trade of picking up bits of information from what you say and feeding you with it so that you give away more st

Pixie, when I was a young I had dreams in my head and heart and I set out to achieve them; now that I'm a pensioner, I'm still the same. Don't think of yourself dying whilst living. Whilst living,

...i wish i could do that! Im at home on my own most of the time, only myself to do all the housework & care for a 6month old. Its difficalt to 'cease' the day. Im just hanging on in there untill shes a toddler, i cant wait! Then the fun starts, days out, walks, playing.. Although im completely loving life just being at home, with my daughter.. Shes at that age were she plays with her toys & is learning to sit up.. so i never fail at being amazed by something she does each day. That a goal of its own in my eyes. Who could wish for better? im gifted with a beautifull daughter & a house of my own. But it still scares me so much to think one day ill be gone - what if my daughter needs me? I speak to my mum every day on the phone without fail, i allways tell her everything iv done each day .. because when you speak to someone every day, conversation runs abit dry.. & i cant imagon what id do when the day comes that i cant pic up the phone or expect a call & i dont want my daughter or future children to go through that - even though its a part of life... How depressing am i? lol!!

As I grow closer to retirement I often say "I haven't done much with my life - I've been too busy enjoying it".

Pixie,no one has the answer,but your time will come. Think about this life,and how you can be positive,there is so much negative energy around us.

Regression is an attempt to open the sub-conscious mind,a place we store the'not used everyday stuff',at times we experience strange things like .a de'j vue. The sub-conscious has taken over the consious mind for a split second,and instantly recorded sights,sounds,and smells.

When we lay down to sleep at night,we are all alone in our thoughts,sleep is a weird place to go when you think about it.

Regards Bryan

Well i am retired now and i sometimes wonder how i managed to fit everything in when i was working now there arnt enough hours in the day to fit everything in I can go into town as many times as i want as i am now an offical fare dodger lol ( Bus Pass)

I have always told my Daughter when i am gone i will still look after her in spirit i have often thought if we come back again to live another life can we chose who we will be and what country we would live in i dont think i would want to be a man no disrespect to the lovely guys on here but if i had a choice i would come back as a woman, just want to be taller and slimmer lol

I guess the older you get, the more the fear goes. The brain has an amazing way of dealing with the dying process your body goes through, if you go through the dying process, apparently, your not afraid, people claim that when people near the end they hallucinate & see people who have already passed, claiming to of spoken to them. Whos to say that you actually are hallucinating & not just being visited by loved ones to guid you to the other side? Like i said - amazing topic of conversation, its amazing how your brain works too when you near the time.

Well i am retired now and i sometimes wonder how i managed to fit everything in when i was working now there arnt enough hours in the day to fit everything in I can go into town as many times as i want as i am now an offical fare dodger lol ( Bus Pass)

I have always told my Daughter when i am gone i will still look after her in spirit i have often thought if we come back again to live another life can we chose who we will be and what country we would live in i dont think i would want to be a man no disrespect to the lovely guys on here but if i had a choice i would come back as a woman, just want to be taller and slimmer lol

Id come back as a little monkey. Everyone loves little monkeys, They get to play & laze around all day while being spoilt by humans & 'awwwwwhed' at. :)

Pixie,

When I was in my late teens I was an apprentice and married with a small daughter. Money was so tight that I went to work with bread and lard for dinner (not as bad as it sounds if you put salt and pepper on it). We both smoked and my wife was a heavy drinker so we never had any money at all. Life seemed very dreary but I took my opportunities as they chanced along. I now enjoy a reasonable standard of living, including regular overseas travels. My point is that things don't always turn out as anticipated and something always turns up eventually. My point is that you can't say what might happen in the future and you should CERTAINLY NOT dwell on dying. I'm no medium, despite what my medium-gifted gran said, but you have your entire life ahead of you and many, many great times still to come.

Couldnt agree more compo! I dont dwell on it & it doesnt effect my life.. just one of them scary things when you think about it! Everyones got to start somewhere, i dont have a 'nice house' or loads of money.. But i make the most of what iv got, who knows where ill be in a few years time. im only 21, i have years ahead of me.. Like you said your grandmother once said. But, like everyone.. your days are numbered, you never know when that string will be cut. So you make the best out of a bad situation & all situations, remember theres people who arent as gifted as yourself & live life to the fullest!

...''Every day above ground, is a good day!''

Pixie, when I was a young I had dreams in my head and heart and I set out to achieve them; now that I'm a pensioner, I'm still the same.

Don't think of yourself dying whilst living. Whilst living, let Hope dwell within you to take you on into the future . . . .

You are doing the most admirable job in the world in looking after your little girl.

• Upvote 1

Hi mudgie, how nice of you: 'missed you yesterday'. I'll have to confess I can't recall there being any music played at the Cinema yesterday, I was that busy chatting to a couple of ladies. First lady about: the tastiness of Walker's 'Worcestershire Flavoured' crisps and the second lady about living with labyrinthitis. A little bit of light entertainment before the intellectual content of Polanski's film (that's my excuse)!

Anyway wasn't struck with the film, felt tired and had an early night. x

10 months ago I was suffering the side affects of Chemotherapy,I thought that death would be easier than the horrific pain I was going through.I .was alone as Denice had gone to work

It got to the point where breathing began to hurt,so my mind began to work overtime.The mental pictures of the ones I had Ioved and lost in my life (because of death) became almost real,and I had a strange warm feeling,in my mind I was thinking, this is easy. The TV, was on an oldies music channel,It was playing Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World.

This made me think positively,how selfish it was of me, and so out of character. For the last 40 years,I have tried to live my life with 5 positives,love,faith,hope peace and understanding,not so easy,but ya'keep on truckin'. Bryan

• Upvote 1

Mudgie, what an inspiring piece of writing you posted. Chemotherapy is such a horrible thing to have to go through yet often can have amazing outcomes. I hope everything if ok for you now & feeling much better! Things like that make you think though don't they. After a extremely traumatic birth & a nurse telling me that myself & my daughter are lucky to still be here, I'm thankfully for each and every day!

Pixie every time you look into your daughters eyes,there is your life and your mothers and grandmothers and so on.No one knows the future,that is how it should be.We only know the past,it is called history and we are part of it.

Your daughter is the future,and your granddaughter,thats the way it works. You are fortunate to have come across this site,it seems the average member are in their mid 60s,that is a lot of life's experience's. I would have been in my element talking to this lot if I was 21.

I wish I could give you a hug and say everything is OK. but you are just starting out along lifes road,my advice, be practical, patient,and positive.

i came to America 44 years old,starting from scratch,I worked hard and long.Mid April I am moving into a new house 20 min's from the beach,I now work for myself making' toy soldier's' a little boys dream. Pixie, you have time to embrace life,set yourself small goals,they will become the big ones.

no not a christian, i just believe theres 'something' i think that the cross wards off bad spirits... thats why its in my living room - The cross i wear was passed to me from a relation before they died, i wear it because it means a lot to me.

It's called faith Pixie - hold it dear to you.

This is a lovely thread - very inspirational, I'm only sorry that I haven't had the time to contribute to it. Well done all.

For what it's worth I'm a practising Catholic and I hold that dear to me. It's certainly not for everyone though and the last thing would do is ram it down anyone else's throat - each to their own as they say. My faith has kept me going through some pretty dark hours though.

Hi Stu,your faith is worth everything,I would never have come to this point in my life without faith. I am not a member of any church,many years ago I began to live my life as near to the teachings of Jesus Christ as possible. You have read my 5 positives,they give me all that I need,my wife and I have dinner with friends. You know the rest Stu "Where three or more gather in my name"-----------

Thank's Pixie,I put a post up a few weeks ago. I had surgery last November,cancer free,and just about ready to 'Rock n Roll', didn't lose any of my hair so that's a plus.A dab of Brylcreem and I'm ready.lol.

Like Stu, I have followed this thread since its inception. Lurking in the shadows as it were. I post now with

some trepidation as I have seen too many discussions of spirituality plunge into accusations of shoving religion

down one's throat etc.

When I worked at the EMEB we were warned not to get into discussions with customers about religion or politics.

Probably not a bad idea. I value my several years on this site and would not want to be accused of such. That

said here goes.

I am a Christian. Baptist by choice. For most of my first 35 years I was pretty much a practising atheist.

Little time for such silliness as religion as I saw it. Thirty years ago that all changed. It would take far

too long to go into that here.

Suffice it to say my Christian faith has brought me through some VERY dark times. Worst of which was the death

of my dear first wife some thirteen years ago. I know where she is and I look forward to seeing her there. I

am not afraid of death, but truth be told I am afraid of pain. I suppose we all are to a greater or lessor

degree. Christ is very real to me today.

Pixie mentioned that evil spirits are afraid of the cross. I would suggest not the cross so much as what it reminds them of. Their defeat is sure, but they are certainly active in this old world.

Heard a story a while ago not sure if it was true, about a paralyzed bedridden man who asked his preacher, "How

do I pray?" The preacher said, "why don't you just imagine the Lord is in this bedside chair and talk to Him

like you are doing to me." The old fellow thought that was a good idea and did so. Some weeks later he died.

When the preacher visited the man's daughter talked about his last few days. She said, "It was real strange dad

was paralyzed these last few weeks his arms could not leave the bed but when I went into the room after he died

his arm was reached out right to that bedroom chair, and he had a smile on his face.

It is too bad that some who call themsleves Christian have brought the faith into disrepute by their immorality

and hypocrisy. Remember the founder of the faith was never guilty of such and it is He we should be looking at,

not some who claim to be His followers.

Sorry for a rather long post. Hope it might be useful.

Dave.

• Upvote 2

My father was a Catholic and brought us up in his faith. The main problem I had with it was that I was not allowed to see my grandmother alone when young. I'm certain he was afraid that she would corrupt me and turn me into a Spiritualist - she held meetings at her house. I was even beaten by a priest when I dared to broach the subject of Spiritualism with him (About 14yrs old at the time). I have mentioned before that my gran was a practising medium for over forty years, but in all the years I knew her she never once attempted to convert me from Catholicism. Furthermore, my paternal grandmother was a fierce catholic who also beat me in public one day when I was five minutes late for Mass (aged about 10yrs) , whereas my maternal gran was rotund,cheerful and poor. I have no time for any religion that has no faith in its own ability to retain its customers on its own merit.

I no longer have a religion.

All religions and primitive cultures had a god,and all of these gods came from the same place - heaven,the sky,the stars.Whatever,everybody has faith in something,that day will follow night,the sun will rise tomorrow.Notts County win the F.A.cup next season.

We are all human beings sharing the same time and space in history,we should respect every man and woman,whatever their race,religion,or gender.It is easier to love than hate.

• Upvote 1