Message for "Our friends in the north"

Missed them on Sunday. Last night I kept going outside, it was cloudy to the north, final check around midnight.

Later they put on a fantastic show, have seen the photographs, brilliant green 'curtains' with orange /red background. Missed it.

We will be looking out tonight, but it is cloudy right now with rain (and severe gales) forecast. The forecast is better for Thursday and Friday. There has been another burst of solar activity today, so fingers crossed.

Up here they are called 'The Mirrie Dancers' and are quite a sight to see.

Innit bleddy marvellous! Clear skies all month and then total cloud cover this week - ARGH!

I have mentioned it before but I did see them in Nott'm in around 1991/2 ish

My Mum had always said how she'd like to see them, I was stood in the back garden one evening (probably having a crafty stogie IMMSC) when I noticed this strange cloud , I called my Mum out (Jokingly ) saying , "You know how you've always wanted to see the nortern lights?" and pointed at the cloud . Obviously the show wasn't brilliant as we were in a heavily 'light polluted' area. My Mum looked and said "Nah , that can't be them !!"

I honestly didn't think it was either , and it wasn't till next day in the Evening Post that I saw a story saying they'd been seen as far south as Lomdon the night before

Ah well !!