Double Glazing

Has anyone any experience of double glazing companies, local or national?

We got three to give us a quote a couple of years ago.

We had great difficulty getting rid of all three salesmen who were no doubt on a fat commission.

We never bought from any of them, though what I always considered to be the best company,

were the worst of the lot. Anglia continued to ring our number for about two years despite

being told that we would never buy windows from them and that they should stop ringing.

Only after last year we were forced to change our long term number for other reasons, did

we stop hearing from them.

It seams that normal selling technique is to give you a high price, then if you dont accept it

the salesman will ring the manager who offers you a managers special or some other discount?

If the salesman leaves without securing a sale, you get further calls offering you even cheaper deals.

Anyone had any dealings with anyone they can recommend?

My mate Will who lives up the road from me does "Mates rates" for me, he makes them himself (He may not want to go that far though!!) He's been doing mine one at a time (As and when we can afford them ) as they're all rather large. Just two to go now Adams bedroom and The Lounge , which is going to be a 900mm 'bay' , the two of them are going to cost me around 800 quid.

Mick, i have used East Midlands Windows Ltd on Portland Rd Hucknall. They have been there under different names since at least 1994 when i first used them. they are a family owned business, the owner retired once but came back, hes Hucknall born and bred and is very down to earth. they come out, do the quote and never bother you again. Just trying to remember his name, if it comes to me i'll pm you. phone number 0115 9680380. they have done work for me and my daughter, and they not only do double glazing but home improvements too (they knocked a porch out for my daughter, plastered, put new skirting on etc and replaced the glass in the double glazed outer door without having to change the actual unit,thus saving quite a lot.

Mick, there's Rutland Windows, Ilkeston, now part of KLG. They are not the cheapest but they do not use silly discounting tactics like Anglia, Staybrite etc.

I have used Rutland a number of times and am satisfied with quality & service.

its just a little way up towards town centre from Yew tree pub, opposite a chinese thats on the corner of hankin Street. think on street view its shown as under a sign for the nottingham Koi carp company although dont think thats there anymore

It seems that normal selling technique is to give you a high price, then if you dont accept it

the salesman will ring the manager who offers you a managers special or some other discount?

If the salesman leaves without securing a sale, you get further calls offering you even cheaper deals.

They're not still using that pitch are they?....thought that went out years ago.Along with special discount if you allow your job to be used as a show piece.

It's a wonder they didn't offer to carpet your house or tarmac your drive...."Cos we've got some left over from a big job down the road"...nudge nudge,wink wink.