Nottingham nights out etc

I used to go to a few drum n bass nights.. My partner has taken to be a couple of mod/ska/northern soul/motown dos as well.. But now with a baby, we never really go anywhere & we never know if theres any of these nights coming up anywhere... when i do go out on a night out, its usually to all the goth/greb bars & rock city haha...

Anyone on the forum go to any gigs/dos like i mentioned or planning to go any in the upcoming weeks (Not sure what to call them really?) & On a night out - where do you usually end up/your favourite 'going out' places? or are you all boring like me & would rather put your 'comfies' on, make a brew & watch telly nower days? thats me all over!!

Oooh horlicks! One of my cravings when i was pregnant.. Infact, i migfht have to make myself a chocolate horlicks now!

Hi Pixie, went out last week-end to see Gladys Knight in concert,afterwards had a good curry. Lo and behold,"To sir with love," was on the telly when we got home,made it to bed around 3- 30am. Next night out,couple of weeks away, Stax rolling review concert,various artists from the sixties. 'Horlicks! aint' that for the old farts?Three fingers of Jack Daniels,is a good night-cap.

Bryan

I AM NOT ORGANIZING IT MICK BUT ITS AT THE PHESANT PUB RADFORD JUST NEAR GALLA BINGO HALL AND DUNHELM MILLS RADFORD BULIVARD THIS SATURDAY THE 4TH FEB I THINK ITS £3 POUNDS EACH TO GET IN. I AM HOPING TO GET THERE BUT SOMETHING ELSE HAS COME UP AS WELL SO MIGHT NOT GET THERE TILL LATE

Tend to eat out a bit around the city. A few curry deals recently I might recommend too.

Chennai, Long Row near bottom of West End Arcade. Beautiful South Indian food. Certain nights have three course for a tenner - great value. Check out the fantastic breads they do.

Amaya on Mansfield Rd next door to the Lincolnshire Poacher. Nice dinner for the price, again three courses for ten quid (any night). It's unlicensed so take your own and have a cheap night out. Plenty of good beers in the Mansfield Rd offies or the Poacher will do you a take-away jug.

Some turn their nose up at Wetherspoon grub but curry night is a very cheap deal. The cheapest I've had in any of these pubs (and in my humble opinion as nice a 'Spoons as there is locally) was in the Gooseberry Bush on Peel Street last night. A little out of the way but it's worth it. A really nice bar and just four quid for a curry and a pint. It's microwave grub but who's going to knock it at that price. I had the same pint at £2.70 in the Roebuck last week - that's the equivalent arguably of £1.30 for the chicken vindaloo I had last night.

Me , it's Darby and Joan, then Bingo , and finish off with a cup of Horlicks.

Did I put that ??

What I actually meant was ;

Me, it's into Derby with Joan then Bingo ! a couple of whore licks ................................. slywink