Hi all,

I work for a television production company called Windfall Films and we are making a new documentary about urban foxes.

We are currently looking for dens of foxes or fox families which we might be able to study and film, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any fox dens near them?

If you know of any foxes in your area or have any fox related stories, it would be great to hear from you! Please feel free to email me on fiona@windfallfilms.com.

Many thanks!

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

I've experienced lots of sightings of foxes around where I live.

Once there were fields and woods around: I was lucky enough once to witness foxes sparring but then man sold the land and houses were built and the foxes were forced to enter suburbia . . .

I was once staggering walking home from The Nags Head on Carlton Hill, Carlton, going down Chesterfield Street towards Foxhill Road (There's a clue in that name !!) I saw what, I assumed , was a large cat sat in the road , I stopped and tickled it's chin as I past when it dawned on me it was actually a fox !! Never saw him again , and believe me I staggered walked down there on hundreds of other occations.

I also used to see them regularly in Carlton Cemetry from my mums house on Cavendish Road.

here in the forest fields area we offten see them as we are going home at night and i dont think you can get much more urban than this must be several dens around the area as you can tell the different dogs vixens and even someties the younger cubs but dont actually know were any of there dens are.

We harrased them in their natural enviroment,one way or another and drove them into surburbia. Are we now going to do the same again?

Most people know that foxes are in their yards and gardens.Can they be left alone,or will another creature heads towards extinction.

• Upvote 1

Any idea how my post has reappeared over two hours after it was originally posted ?

That's what I meant, it's just reappeared all on it's own !! I like to think it was me, but I aint got a clue how !!

Feel free to delete it ,

I noticed that mystery post yesterday evening, not long after it first appeared.

It was just a quote of an earlier message with nothing else added. I assumed it was a mistake, and that before long you would appear and tell us you'd pressed the wrong button somewhere

I'm not sure of the prevalence of foxes returning to the lair/covert season on season but there always used to be foxes living in the rear garden of 17-19 Clarendon Street in Nottingham. This building used to belong to Nottingham Trent University but I'm not sure if it still is.

Very close to there at the Chaucer Building of NTU there are two outdoor quadrangles in between the buildings which as a plan view resemble a figure of eight. I've seen very young foxes in the quadrangle to the north-west several times. This can be accessed by some steps which run down from half way along the north side of Chaucer Street. Turn left along the path when you get to the first building.

your right about foxhill rd vally rd area around russia and the alps my elder brother mr hatton who had the market garden on nursery drive and mr cross who bread chickens most of them were battery hens but he also had free range hens and ducks at the back of cavendish coningworth rd junction often used to go sooting them at night around these aeas this would be mid to late sixties.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

A big thank you to you all for your responses!

I'm struggling to respond to everyone in good time, so if you haven't heard back from me via PM, I'm sorry that I haven't been able to respond personally and I wanted to let you know that I really do appreciate you getting in touch!

Very best wishes,

Fiona

We used to have one who layed under our car when we lived in Gedling... one evening the dog kept barking at the front door.. we opened to be greated with a fox and 3 babies just sat on our drive.. we lived on a normal street with plenty of houses so we was amazed to see them, they then wandered up out road & onto a field we lived by. Youll be amazed at the amount of foxes & other wildiife at the old gedling colliery site