Any events in and/or around nottingham worth sticking in our diaries of things to do? Im trying to think of some good places and events to take our 8month old to, something we'll enjoy as well.. Im sure we'll all benefit from some days out and things to do!

Welcome back Pixie - very nice to have you around again!

How about this one to start your thread off?

Arnold Carnival held at the very pleasant Arnot Hill Park. All completely free and lasting for two days over a weekend.

Arnold Carnival

Stu: The Arnold Whitsun Parade used to start on High Street, go up to Coppice Road, down Front Street and Nottingham Road to the recreation ground a couple of streets up from the park (St. name?); then the carnival would continue throughout the afternoon. Although I'm sure you must remember it. I used to attend throughout the 50s and into the early 60s.

How about open day at Stoke Bardolph? Or does it not have the same reputation these days <g>

Stu: The Arnold Whitsun Parade used to start on High Street, go up to Coppice Road, down Front Street and Nottingham Road to the recreation ground a couple of streets up from the park (St. name?); then the carnival would continue throughout the afternoon. Although I'm sure you must remember it. I used to attend throughout the 50s and into the early 60s.

I do just remember it fondly Compo. My main memory was of being taken into Arnold by my dad to see the Whitsun parade (from under my ma's feet) and my first ever taste of beer from my dad's pint of Home Bitter in the back yard of the Nelson! YEUCH!

That park, we always called 'Bottom Rec', as opposed to 'Top Rec' which was St Mary's recreation ground. Think maybe the official title of the former was 'Nottingham Road Recreation Ground'?