Avro Vulcan prototype

Hi Charlie,

I fully agree with that sentiment, all those brave young mens lives lost, and we're being ruled from europe anyway, On my way to work every day I drive past memorials to 617 and 610 squadrons and I always mutter "Thankyou" under my breath. Now it seems all their efforts and sacrifices were for nothing but to delay the future take over of this wonderful country of ours.

OK my rant over

Rog

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"..there's often an unannounced Spitfire fly around over our place here in Ilkeston during the summertime, always a splendid sight to see.." A Spitfire that quite often turns up locally - usually mid

Posted Images

if the Vulcan had been in RAF service she would have flown without it to no ill effect, but, the Health and Safety thats in place just wouldn't allow anything thats less than 100%

Dead Right too,

Flying without it you could lose the whole aircraft!

Dead Right too,

Flying without it you could lose the whole aircraft!

Now I can rant again! Imagine if they'd told the lads that they ere fighting for 'elf and safety instead of freedom from tyranny!

Health and Safety is put in place because we have the freedom to do so, courtesy of sacrifices made by people like your uncle.

Anyroad enough ranting, lets talk Vulcan

Just opened them Rog Cheers .Love the two 'new' formations Vulcan and Lancaster. / Typhoon and Lancaster.

Not a lot of people there or were you very early??

Ayup Beefsteak,

I got there at 07.50 by the time I got to the statics it would be 08.45 and raining, plenty of folks there though, they expected 40-50.000 and got well over 100.000 just because the Vulcan was there.

The Vulcan/Lancaster was a one off and they only did one pass so I was lucky to get that picture, I usually wait for a second pass so I can get sighted up if you know what I mean, (possible tip for next weekend) I did hear yesterday on airshow FM they were talking about Typhoon/Vulcan for next years airshow cicuit

Rog

Smashing idea that. The two sets of delta wings in formation !!!! great. Thanks for the tips too.

Your air show radio is it just for what it says on the tin? I know from past experience that they have one at RIAT but you can't pick it up until you are at the top of "Birdlip hill" about 6 miles away!!!

Ayup Beefsteak,

I could pick the airshow radio up because I only live about 3 miles as the crow flies from Wadd but some people were telling me they could pick em up more than 15 miles away, then again Lincolnshire is pretty flat with hardly any interuptions on the sky line

Rog

My sis and B-I-L went to Waddington on Saturday and saw the Lanc/Vulcan as well as the Spit/Typhoon - they said it was an amazing sight! No pics yet, but they will hopefully be coming soon!

Ayup All,

Just got to keep this thread going,

It was said on Lincs FM yesterday that the Vulcan is to be based at Waddington, the Red Arrows will be moving there when they finish at Scampton and the BBMF is just up the road at Coningsby, does that mean the value of my house will go up? Oh and Sentinal has just flew over my place on finals to Waddington

Rog

Ayup All,

Just got to keep this thread going,

It was said on Lincs FM yesterday that the Vulcan is to be based at Waddington, the Red Arrows will be moving there when they finish at Scampton and the BBMF is just up the road at Coningsby, does that mean the value of my house will go up? Oh and Sentinal has just flew over my place on finals to Waddington

Rog

Suggest the archaic/repetitive 'Reds' being nearby will knock £25K off your property overnight...

Surely XH558 at Waddington can only be for the air display season, logically it will return to Bruntingthorpe in the autumn?

Cheers

Robt P.

Suggest the archaic/repetitive 'Reds' being nearby will knock £25K off your property overnight...

Cheers

Robt P.

Love to have the chance to see them just once in a while

Ayup all,

I must admit I tend to agree about the Reds a bit but Vulcan,AWACS,Sentinal, Nimrod (when it comes home)Typhoon,Tornado,Hawks the odd yank and Harriers coming in now and again, not to mention helicopters.

Seriously though I was talking to a guy from Waddo who told me they have an hanger to keep XH558 in, it would look really nice at the side of Waddo's Vulcan gate guard, just a question of being on the A15 at the right time but I will try

Rog

Just been reading a bit of that "On target" site (WWW.on-target-aviation.com ) courtesy of Rog , Plantfit, and it looks like the new project for Bruntingthorpe is to get a Bucaneer, number XX894 "Back to the skies"

Ayup all,

I have just got back home from a quick trip up the hill to RAF Waddington and there on the hard standing is good old XH558 glinting in the evening sunlight, (Beefsteak has a picture)

Rog

And here she is in all her glory . As I said to Rog earlier thats a tall step ladder in front...... !jumping!

Waddo240708.jpg

And fancy puting her nose up on pallets (Has she been to Liverpool lately???)

Did you notice the hare keeping watch on the left hand side? or could it be that new camo suit the RAF regiment has been trying out?

Rog

The Waddington DVD of the Saturday airshow is available here

I have some footage that I will be uploading soon - time permitting (very busy at work at the Mo.)

Vulcans first flight, Typhoon etc - shot on the Saturday.

Thanks for the link Frank but I'd rather have one made by me that says RIAT 2008..........LOL