Story in the Post today about a new £60m 'superhub' to be built for South Notts College in the city centre. One of the proposed suggestions for the site is on the old Peoples College site which they own. The Council would like them to build elsewhere on the south side of the city centre as they would like to use the Peoples College site for a tourist attraction or (gasp!) more retail.

In a time of financial austerity one thing that does appear to be doing well is education, especially in Nottinghamshire, considering development in the past few years.

Bring on more students flats...!

Story

http://www.thisisnot...tail/story.html

"The city council hopes the college will choose an option other than Maid Marian Way, as it wants to knock down the buildings there to create a tourist attraction or retail centre to improve the area surrounding Nottingham Castle."

Oh Goody! more bright ideas.This council want to leave tourist attractions to the private sector...their ideas haven't exactly filled the town with tour buses in the past.

As for more retail..a re hash of what already exists should be their first priority.

I know that Nottingham Trent University's city campus students cannot all be housed in the city this term. They've had to ship some of them out to Clifton campus to find them a home. That will change to a degree when the new 'student village' is completed between Shakespeare, Hampden and Gill Street.

I think I'm right in saying that neither University of Nottingham or NTU are significantly down on numbers of students this year - despite the huge hike in course fees.