Hello everbody. Just been trying to find pictures of Portland Road (off Canning Circus) circa 1967 (before it was bulldozed by Mr WIMPEY) and happened across this site. Hope you're all well. If anybody has any clue as to where I could start looking for the aforementioned, I would appreciate the pointers.

Even better would be a map from the same time, as I have an address (it's where I was born) but it doesn't relate to anything anymore.

Look forward to hearing from some of you. Take care.

Welcome to Nottstalgia CloneDaddy.

If you take a look at this site http://www.pictureth...rg.uk/index.php and put Portland Road in the Search section, you'll find quite a few photos of it from various times in the past (as well as a number of other photos which have "Portland" in their title, which you probably won't be quite so interested in)

Hello everbody. Just been trying to find pictures of Portland Road (off Canning Circus) circa 1967 (before it was bulldozed by Mr WIMPEY) and happened across this site. Hope you're all well. If anybody has any clue as to where I could start looking for the aforementioned, I would appreciate the pointers.

Even better would be a map from the same time, as I have an address (it's where I was born) but it doesn't relate to anything anymore.

Look forward to hearing from some of you. Take care.

Ah - Mr WIMPEY - We Import More Paddies Every Year hellothere

Whilst an apprentice I worked on most of Wimpey's housing estates around Nottm, Howbeck road, Stockhill, Ruddington and one at Grantham.

One of my old neighbours in Carlton was a ganger at Wimpeys for years, and yes he was a chap of Irish decent and a lovely fellah.

Talking about "Paddys" (no disrespect meant) does anyone remember the gangs that used to do major power cabling trenches throughout Nottm ?

I remember them as they used to cook their breakfasts on their shovels over a brazier ! You could smell the eggs and bacon a mile away ! and boy could those guys dig ! all shovel and pick work then no mechanical diggers.