End of The Dandy

Sad news that The Dandy comic is to cease publication this week after 75 years! Current sales are around 8000 per week, at it's height it sold over 2 million!

Somebody told me that the Dandy cost almost 2 pounds. Possible factor in it's demise due to lack of sales?

dan-and-out.jpg

From what I read; the Dandy is going on-line but what about the Annuals???? They were Xmas presents enjoyed by all.

And what about the free gifts every now and then......remember this one???

52-dandy2.jpg

• Upvote 2

Amazed to hear it was still going till now !

My gran used to buy the Dandy, the Beano, the Topper and another one I can't remember every week for years.

We also got a Mars Bar each !

Then at christmas we got the annual.

I have to admit to being in "Desperate Dans Pie Eaters Club" and "The Dennis the Menace Fan Club" we joined at the age of around 20 !!

• Upvote 1

That'd be "Gnasher" Gnish, Gnash, Gnoosh, as we members of "Gnashers 'fang' club" say!!...................... slywink

Michael - that was the ONLY time I was allowed to have comics like Dandy and Beano, unless I bought them myself!

I joined the "Pie eaters club" When working for Plessey, Beeston in the 70s. I was about 25 at the time. Had the badge and wore it too :)