Uses for second hand materials:

Here's one example of a use for a second-hand cattle hay feeder and some old 1½" waste pipe:

The pipe goes into the feeder and is connected to a piece of pipe (with drilled holes in it) running the whole length of the box. Irrigation was always a problem in this bed, it being deep and narrow. It will new be watered from outside.

IMG_6216.JPG?gl=GB

I was wondering what to do with that collection of second-hand cattle hay feeders I have gathering out in the back yard. ;)

Seriously, good work. I've used all kinds of things in the past as a planters, including wooden printing press roller boxes and disused fish crates brought back from Scotland!

:biggrin: Hi Paulus, I had noticed that I hadn't far to go before I was Crowned; I was going to give myself a deadline in achieving this but then I thought: I'll just savour the time in getting there.

It is quite an occasion - I should imagine - becoming one of 'Nottstalgia's Royals; I'll admit, it hasn't made you in the least bit Big Headed Paulus, by now having a crown to wear! :biggrin: