The one I don't feel guilty about if I forget it !.

When we were first courting I bought SWMBO a big card , a bunch of 12 Red Roses, a big box of Thorntons, and took her out for dinner only to be told "I don't celebrate Valentines day, I don't believe in it"

Fair enough, she's saved me a fortune since then. (apart from Valentines day in 1998, when I proposed over a meal out !)

Another moneymaking day for all.

Local restaurants put up their prices, and flowers double in price.

I offered to take SWMBO for a meal tonight, she says not tonight because of the price rises.

Fortunately Curly Wurlys aren't recognised as an official romantic gift yet, so I paid the normal price!!! :jumping:

Agree Michael.

We had our dinner out last evening (mainly because it's not possible tonight). I don't tend to dine out or buy flowers on the 14th these days due to the profiteering but find other ways to commemorate the day. Hope you and your good lady have a nice day.

I still have a romantic side, it's just that events from the past few years have conspired to kick the f**ker out of me.

I would still buy the flowers if I knew they wouldn't jut sit by the sink till the petals fell off, and there's still a 2lb box of Milk Tray sat in the cupboard from the Christmas before last.

just got each other a card as usual we will be down whitehart tonight weusually have a meal anyway they are doing a special valentine diner but its a bit pricey and not much on it we would eat so will be having small appities meal that i always have ,£2..99p quite happy with that thank you dont have to be a special day to tell someone you love them its what you do and say all the year round