Spring is near at hand.

Spring is finally thinking about giving it a go up here in my Caithness garden. Despite gale force winds and heavy showers things are beginning to grow:

Tulips:

IMG_6937_zps97d9416a.jpg?t=1366655963

Daffodils:

IMG_6939_zps4ffcb5a2.jpg?t=1366656027

Bench made from old pallets

IMG_6941_zps9e723888.jpg?t=1366656188

Almost ethereal translucence of multi-headed daffodils

IMG_6931_zps04686c23.jpg?t=1366655933

Frogspawn in the pond

IMG_6940_zps22c8d4c9.jpg?t=1366656139

And finally, Pansies

IMG_6925_zpse7f2af1b.jpg?t=1366655910

What a lovely display of colour you have in your garden,especially the Pansies,for some reason i dont have success with them,they always seem to spindley,any tips.Travelling to Pinxton from WestMidlands on A50 and M1 yesterday i saw lots of cowslips and primroses on the embankments,i always love the wild flowers they take me back to my childhood walking over Greenies fields up to the woods where there were wild Daffs,Bluebells,and Violets,And snowdrops.All very nice so long as they stay wild and dont pop up in the middle of the garden LoL.

That explains it, our garden is quite shaded and wet,thanks for the tips,i thought perhaps i had over crowded the plants with Grape Hyasinths,I will try them on their own next year.

lots of wild daffs about too at the monent tempritures on the rice but still feeeling very cold hope it stays nice tommorrow of to cemetary with my sisters and dave and my brother in law then out for some lunch dave sixty five tommorrow and my mum would have been 98 kath home from south africa so its her first time up to the cemetary for five years.

• 2 weeks later...

Pleasantly beautiful display of random planting & orderly tidiness, all in one simple plot, :biggrin:

It used to be set like the sections of a dart board but then SWMBO did some weeding and mixed everything up when she replanted - ARGH!!!