Hello all,

Well, I was born and grew up in Nottingham, Mapperley to be exact.

Went to Frank Wheldon, left 1985. Best memories are nights out in the mid 1980's. Zhivagos, Babels and Reflections. Jimmy's in the Lace Market. The Mint. There was also a club built in the style of a moon base. I kid you not, but I cant remember what it was called??

Moved to York many years ago, just a little different from Nottingham!

Interestingly, in the museum there is a large scale model from the 1970s of York with a massive dual carriageway right thorough the city centre. It nearly happened, but the York council looked at another recent development and decided against it, guess what the development was??

Anyway have very fond memories and would love to have a chat.

James

nor me mick last time i went kids were little.

welcome from me too happyinyork

babs

Welcome, I love your adopted city, been a few times and it's lovely to walk around. Took our grandson a few years ago, he was in 7th heaven at the railway museum, also enjoyed the Viking experience, the York museum, walking the city wall, and the Shambles.

ps, also love your Fat Rascals, after eating one I vowed to find the recipe and make them. Forgot all about it till now!

Hi Happyinyork

i worked in york back in the late 80s we were renovating an old shop on Coney Street for Next Retail lovely old building they spoilt it though by chopping out a large 10mtr x 10mtr section of floor from ground to roof with a glass conservatory style roof feature

Hoping to get the York Railway Museum for "Mallard 75" on July 4th,tight schedule on this run. Nice shot of "Domarticle-2333385-1A10009C000005DC-933_964inion of Canada".