Dad's are always heroes

I used to go to the Good Shepherd junior school on Thackray's Lane in Daybrook and lived up on Gladhehill road, top of Byron Street.

I used to go to school on my scooter and on many occasions the back wheel would fall off, sprawling me all over the pavement and sometimes in to the road. I would pick up the wheel and bruised and battered would take it home where my dad would "Fix" it. Not too long after it would fall off again.

One day it fell off outside school and one of the teaching nuns was at a loss as to how to repair it. I told her that my dad always used a special tool called "Footprints".

Footprints! The's no bloody wonder the wheel kept falling off! He was still my hero though :)

I called my father on fathers day in America last Sunday. - Here in Germany, fathers day was a month ago. My father will be 85 in August, he's got memory loss, but still knows my mother sister and I. He has nothing to do - they sold their house, and twelve acres of land with it and moved into a beautiful apartment. Now his big night out is going to play BINGO witth my mother. He and I are like oil and water, always have been - but that's over now, love wins out in the end.

The best thing you can have in a tool box is a tin of elbow grease...........

My tool box consisted of a hammer and a Durex. Hit it,, if still don't work f*** it !

• Upvote 3