Richard / Janice Steer Thaxted Close Aspley occupants

...and no leaves on the trees. How well I remember those freezing cold concrete houses,with condensation running down the walls.I suppose they all have central heating these days. With Adelaide reaching 35 degrees yesterday and 46 in the north of South Australia its not something I think of often.

Luckily for the English team it will only be around 25/26 today or the heat alone would have defeated them. Hopefully the temp will stay down around 25. Wish I had a picture of the Adelaide ground to show you. It is the most picturesque in the world. Thanks for the photos ,Den,wonder if anyone from the old days still lives there. !tanning!

... I thought you `saw through a glass darkly' most of the time ,Den! :rolleyes:

I had quite forgotten about the metal windows. Talking of metal,do you remember the small metal boxes called `prefabs' which were meant to last 10 years just down the road? I noted they are all still standing 60 years later, many with fancy cladding on the exterior now ,and are now desirable dwellings due to their size and the large numbers of elderly people in the City?

...ooohhh sorry,thought that had something to do with the message board they put up in the close ,after I left,...y`know the one with the two messages on it ,one for your dad and one for you.

1. Keep off the grass.

2. No ball games. :crazy:

No TWOC'ing

No Spliffin

No Drive bys would be better.

I drove to Clifton the other day, as you enter on the A453 from the direction of the M1, there is a sign graffiiti'd with "GUN CITY - PAY UP"

We saw one in Key West Florida that said "No Panhandling"

Well, the place is full of queers :blink:

`scuse my ignorance,what is panhandling? Spliffin? Twoc ing?

Hi Stan

It's an Americanism for a bloke walking round with his flies open, wedding tackle out and "excited" - if you know what I mean.

I think it is supposed to relate to something like the handle on a saucepan :rolleyes: