Head stuck in iron railings

I was born in the old meadow(1946) Hawthorn steet at the start of the street the old iron bridge over the railway line going towards the coal pit and the power station. When I was young I used stand on the bridge looking has the train went by then realised that my head was stuck. My brother used to go at get help to free me. done this a few times like to read if anybody else has got there head stuck.

dave and his sister janet were talking on monday about the old house on priory st dave and his brothers slept in the attic room this had a small sliding window with bars outside to stop them falling out they were saying how they often got there heads stuck when leaning out to tell mates theyed be out in a few mins this window was above the side door his dad or older brother had to come up and unscrew the bars to get them out

My brother and his mate was climbing over some railings, cannot remember where now, and he got over but his mate slipped and impailed himself in the groin on the spikes !

Was very nasty and the lad was lucky to escape without longterm serious injury.

Hi shears

I remember years ago my dad telling me how his brother Tony Stimpson doing exactly the same thing, I'm not 100% sure exactly what bridge it was but it was the same area as yourself but think it was nearer to I think Beeston. Here too he was freed by the fire brigade only for the following day his mates to ask him exactly how he had got his head stuck in the first place, so he showed them. And yes you guessed it out came the fire brigade who again freed him and then being taken home by the local bobby for a stern talking to in front of his mum.

From what my dad says this probably took place late 1940's early 50's

Not railings but I remember back at school, year 2 I think.. we was about 6, a girl in my class got her arm stuck in the old style radiators. We was all very amused when the fire service came out and the teacher was trying to stop us from looking!

Got my thumb stuck, and boy was it painful!! A Makita drill has it's reverse switch on the back of the drill, drove a screw into a ceiling rafter, wasn't satisfied, so reversed the drill, put my thumb behind it to get more purchase on the screw, wasn't watching and OOOWWWWWW, now comes the hard part, stuck on a stepladder on my own, thumb well and truly stuck between the drill and a 4 by 2 rafter, unable to change the switch to forward, thumb killing me, going black and blue..

Took me a while and a lot of swearing, but wiggled the drill free with a lot of pain......

Don't laugh!! You could be next, at least I have never got my head stuck in railings......LOL

• Upvote 1