autumn is here

That's "cowd" to what I remember ! My first Christmas was in Wollongong, couldn't get away as had to work up to and after Christmas in a new job, and was well over 100...Next one I spent the three week pit shutdown at my cousins in Victoria, try 110F!

I recall one year just before Christmas when I was living in Bathurst, there was a huge hail storm hit Lithgow, temps dropped to almost freezing for a couple of hours over that way.

One thing I like about Bathurst compared to Wollongong and Sydney, very low humidity during the summer months, apart from one Christmas Eve......

Was very hot, upper 90's and we had a torrential rain storm with on and off showers. I went down the road to where the missus worked as her boss had invited me down for a few cold beers before closing shop for the Christmas break....I was so wet, and not from rain either.....

RGR's photo on post # 16 ....... that pub was in my family for over 50 years until my uncle retired about 25 years ago. We spent many many happy times there. Lovely pub and very pretty village.

I never got totally used to Christmas being mid summer when I lived down under, hard to eat a full Christmas dinner in 100 plus temps too.

When we were in Oman over Christmas we used to turn the air conditioning up full blast to produce the ambience necessary cool2

The only good thing about autumn in the UK is the colours .

The rest of it you can keep.

I well remember the cold,grey bleak days.The freezing cold rain which eventually becomes sleet as winter comes in.

Do I miss it ?

No I bloody don't.

Baz :ninja:

• Upvote 2