Felicitations, greetings, and good evening midducks.

In 2011 (or so), I joined this Forum, then me laptop faded, along with me ticker (Aorta valve now replaced by the City Hospital), and I did not progress to contributing.

I'm glad to say I'm now able to start again.

I might be a bit sporadic, 'cause of me arthritis in me fingus unt knees. (Not that I type with me knees yer understand).

Angina under control, hernia mended, cancer lazered, new glasses and new hearing aids obtained.

I like a good walk (well hobble) two or three times a week. (Dizzy spells permitting)

Poorly? Me? No!

Haha!

I love a laugh and like to read of other Nottingham folks stories and experiences.

TTFN all.

• Upvote 2

Dodgy mick2me, dodgy!

It's bit like the Skoda Estelle I 'ad - each time I want to start it, a prayer and crossed fingers are called for.

I don't want to get a new one until I get rehoused in a warden aided complex. I've got a few applications in, and hope to hear something soon from one of 'em. The dizzy spells worry me a tad, last time I fell backwards down the stairs, un was dead lucky I had me mobile in me pocket at the time, cause I couldn't untangle meself from the ironing board and rubbish bags I'd landed on or get up again on me own. Hehe!

Hope to get in a complex in Bread & Lard Island, to be nearer me Sister where' we can support each other easier.

Sorry mate, I'm wafflin' on agen!

Take care thanks.

WELCOME TCG I TOO HAVE A FEW MEDICAL PROBLEMS THAT RESRICT ME SOMEWHAT BUT NOW IVE GOT A MOBILITY SCHOOTER ITS GIVEN ME A LOT OF MY INDEPENDANCE AGAIN MY FINGERS SOMETIMES LOCK DUE TO THE OLD ARTUR ITUS AS I CALL ITGOT MY HUSBAND AND SONS HERE TO HELP ME THOUGH IF I NEED IT HANDS ARE STARING TO HURT NOW SO I WILL SAY NIGHT ALL I OF UP TO BED. BABS

• Upvote 1

Thanks for yer message Babs.

I got knocked over by a mobility scooter in July, on Mansfield Road. True!

Then agen, I've always been lucky. Hehe!

Hope you get a decent kip in gal.

God luck.

TGC

Sorry to hear about all your ailments, I think you will feel in good company here, there are quite a few of us with various health issues. I read your first post above and you do seem to have an assortment. I like you are on a variety of different medications to keep my dicky ticker behaving and I also seem to have developed a habit of forgetting my Warfarin appointments. I hope your enjoyment on Nottstalga can bring some pleasure as it has for me. I wish you well for the future.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Carni for the welcome.

A bit of fun, reminiscing and gossip is what I'm after. (If the computer doesn't pack up agen!)

Stops me gettin' lonely yer know. (Pippa the cat disappeared a few months ago - sob)

Good job we've got out medications innit?

Take good care.

TGC, I don't know how you can be so cheerful with all your health problems. I agree with carni that Nottstalgia can bring people, who can't get out much, a lot of pleasure.

Thanks Michael,

There's many worse off than I am Sir.

The good news: Like others, I take so many tablets it helps me cut down on buying food! Hahaha!

Mind you, I do eat a little too much anyway - it's sleep I struggle with, especially if I can't get out for little walk.

TTFN, all the best midduck!

• Upvote 1

TGC What part of nottm do you live at the moment if i hear a rattling shuffling sound i ll know its you with your pills is the dizzy spells normal with your condition or do you need to go back to thequacks you look after ya sen mate and tek it easy oh and get ya sen a new puter all the best andy