Hello all! I haven't been around for a while. Coming back to England in July, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about Nottingham caves? Is there such a place? I'm trying to find interesting things for the kids to do while we're there. (Pub hopping is out, the youngest one is 5!!) Maybe we can plan another get together if we can find a hotel with babysitting service! smile2

Well Well, Look who's back? ;)

Nice to hear from you again Elaine.

'PM' me and let me know your dates, and I will put them in my diary.

Regarding caves, is there not still a tour of 'Mortimers hole' at the Castle?

post-11-1143801342_thumb.jpg

:Kiss: That tour might have been stopped when part of the terracing calapsed last year due to a water main leaking.

what i do know is that the terracing has been repaired but not sure wether the tours have started again, i will check it out and get back to you...

:Kiss: Hi Cali "Elaine" use the two links below one will give you a 360 degree tour of Mortimers Hole and the other if you use the link on that page will give you an audio history tour of the caves...

360 degree tour of Mortimers Hole..

Audio talk of the history of Mortimers Hole. this is very interesting worth a listen..

Hello Cali

Welcome back lips0 hope all is well with you. It will be hard work travelling with 3 kids,& expensive too! Where r u staying this time?

Caz B)

:Kiss: Another returning hey!, just can't keep away hey! and they say the grass is always greener on the other side.....

why don't you admit it, it's much nicer here in rain soaked Nottingham...

at least you don't have to worry about what strength sun block you will need. !rotfl! englandflag

No but she will need rust remover by the time she's finished her holiday !tanning!

You DO remember me!!! Thanks for all of that guys (and gal!!) We bought our plane tickets, there's no turning back now!! We fly into Manchester arriving July 25 and we fly home Aug. 1. Don't know where we're staying yet, having a hard time finding room for 5 anywhere! We're trying to plan a few nights in the Matlock, Derby area for the first few nights and we can make day trips all around, then the next few nights in the Lincoln area doing the same, and our last night near Manchester.

For those who love me lips0 and live in the Nottm. area (Mick, Crissie, BIP), I'm asking you to help me locate a B&B or guest house in either the Matlock or Lincoln area that would have room for us!!! There's a beer in it for you! thumbsup

Thanks for the car info Mick, I checked the price for a midsize and it came out to $200 less than the Hertz website for the week! That's helpful!! smile2

I knew there was a reason I loved you guys!!! ;)

RAMADA INN (for details of hotel only, shop around for better prices) near to me Close to the Motorway, and A52 Nottingham 15 mins - Derby 10 mins.

Close to Long Eaton Station (Lincoln 45 mins by train)

:Friends: If only i had the beds i would put you all up but alas i don't, i have four bedrooms but one i turned into a gym which has a electric jogging machine, cross trainer a leg curl bench and a bike and numerous weights scattered around, the room that i'm in with double bed, my office where i keep all my bits and bobs and this computer and a small box room with a single bed which opens out to make a double, so you see no room, sorry. just me and my dog rattling around..

Derby! You don't want to go to Derby!

I work there and seldom visit when not getting Paid.

Lincoln is a great place for a days visit. I wuz born there.

Matlock Or north Derbyshire, Yes too.

Yer squeezing a bit into that week aintcha ;)

Let me have the kids ages please, I can visit local hotels here and BARTER! smile2

Today I visited 3 hotels a J25 M1 Motorway.

Here are the prices.

Novatel (two rooms reqd. double below prices)

£65 room only £79 B&B Therfore room only (2x) =£130 pn

Holiday Inn (two rooms reqd. double below prices)

£51 tues/wed/thurs (£102pn)

£74 Fri/Sat(£148pn)

£51 Sun/Mon(£102pn)

I then visited Ramada Inn, and possible the winning smile or maybe the uniform?

I have a family room I can let you have, 1 Double + two single beds, plus a roll away, suit a smaller child.

Being as they are staying for a week I will let them have discount. Room only £60 per night. (B&B £80)

www.ramadajarvis.co.uk

Now the bad news, the weekend of your visit there is an event on at Donnington Park.

You need to book before all rooms locally sell out!

Looking at the prices of Hotels in UK I am surprised how cheap they are Mick,is that High or Low season? We are hoping to rent a cottage somewhere,with the intenion of the rellies all getting together for a bit of R & R [easier said then done I might add!!]when we are over later in the year & they too are realistically priced.

Lincoln might be the go or even yorkshire .....what do you think?

Hey BIP you back to weightlifting again are you?? I thought you said you were passed it !rotfl!

!rulez! I never said i was back into weight lifting again Caz.

that room i was referring to is the gym my wife use to use to keep fit, alot of good that did her, anyway, it stands unused now except for the odd occasion my son or daughter uses it............................

Below is a link to a local Hotel here in Beeston as it say's it's family run, have a look Cali...........................

Hylands Hotel Beeston..

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I've spent HOURS online on PicturesofEngland.com looking for accommodations(which didn't have many good pictures of Nottingham I might add thumbsdown , you can submit your own) and VisitBritain.com and the search is almost over! ;) I found a place near Ashbourne called Cornpark Cottage £70 per night with room for all(I have to be near Derby cause that's where Grandpa is). We'll be staying there the first four nights, then we're off to Lincoln to a place called Tennyson Court (converted racehorse stable?) which was the same price with enough beds for 6 (anyone want to come?!) smile2 All we have left to find is July 31 in Manchester. Wish me luck, we may have to hide one of the kids as most places with family rooms only have room for 4.

We plan on making a day trip to Nottingham, so maybe we can plan a meet. We could make it July 26,27, or 29 (the 28th is my sons 7th birthday, so that's out). Let me know what you guys think. smile2

The search is over! I now have all of our accommodations worked out. :yahoo: I found a place in Wilmslow (10 minute drive to the airport) that has room for all of us, though it was a bit more expensive. Can't wait to get there!

:Friends: If only i had the beds i would put you all up but alas i don't, i have four bedrooms but one i turned into a gym which has a electric jogging machine, cross trainer a leg curl bench and a bike and numerous weights scattered around, the room that i'm in with double bed, my office where i keep all my bits and bobs and this computer and a small box room with a single bed which opens out to make a double, so you see no room, sorry. just me and my dog rattling around..

You know BIP, I could cancel our reservations, and we could all sleep in your bed with you!! smile2

Cali Gal Posted on Apr 6 2006, 03:12 AM

You know BIP, I could cancel our reservations, and we could all sleep in your bed with you!! 

:Kiss: You know what cali that sounds a good idea, i'll kick the dog from his basket, he can sleep in the garage, did you say your fella was coming over too if not the dogs basket could sleep two little ones, it's big enough, the box room bed could be for your eldest and that just leaves my bed and you ?

steady BiP you hardly know her.................... :mouse:

Flipping eck BIP, you didn't even have to try........nice one :victory:

:Kiss: it's called Charisma caz once you've got it it never leaves.....

it must come over in my ramblings on here, unless she feels sorry for me and would like to nurse me back to health.

i've tried Day Nurse, i've been told that the Night Nurse has more staying power and has a bigger medical kit..........................time will tell......... !rotfl!

Charisma is that what it is? maybe the night nurse can give you something for it Bip. Personally I think it has to do with the fact she doesn't want to pay for a hotel & would rather have a freebie