Did this show in the wet summer of 2012 as I recall it was a bit of a washout, mainly British sport cars.

Posted on another forum

Griffins Head Classic Car Show.

The Griffins Head - Papplewick

www.griffinshead.co.uk/
The above show takes place alternate Wednesday evenings in the summer and the next event is on Wednesday, 24th June.

I have visited this event several times in the past and went last night. I knew it would be something special as they were turning away really exotic cars like Porsches as they were full up at 6.30.pm.

It must be one of the best car shows in the country and there were probably 150 cars on display. Real show-stoppers included two magnificent Nissan 300ZXs, under the bonnets incredibly beautiful. An American monster, 494 cubic inch engine (8.1 litres), an Allard sports car, a Dagenham Dustbin ie Mk IV Zodiac estate and just about every make you could imagine - never seen owt like it!

The gates open at 4,00.pm and ordinary cars can park on the field initially. It is well worth a look if you're interested in cars and it's buckshee, gratis, rien, nichts!

Been to the Griifins Head show and it's pretty good and free.

It's a come and meet up type show with a lot of "ordinary cars" i.e.not supercars.

The number of cars on show is weather dependant, can't blame owners for not bringing out there pride and joy if it's raining.