An Icon is dead!!!

Just read Indian actor & an icon to thousands of movie watchers is dead!!

Raj Kumar aged 77 died of heart failure,& I for one am devastated.

I love Indian food/culture/films & so on,only last night I sat & watched [& made my partner watch too] 3 hours of music/romance & intrigue in the form of a Bollywood movie, which was on our multi cultural TV channel SBS.

I was totally taken away by it.All the promises made by some dewy eyed love god in his robes swearing undying love for his lover[who had a husband in the wings] was a joy. I have always had a soft spot for men from the East [where are you Imran???] so the Indian film industry [which is huge] will be utterly at a loss as to how to fill his shoes............. now, I just had a thought, as debonair Peregrine has a way about him & loves all things exotic & mystical I thought maybe,just maybe, he could cover his face with black shoe polish & audition for the part,hey come on, he beguiles me with his tales it will be a walk over bowdown

Not being an afficiado of Indian movies Caz, can't say I've heard of him.

Have you been over the hill yet to Mt Markey Winery???

!tony! no but my partner has just come into the house at 8.45 pm having been up the mountain to Omeo to fix the Jukebox which spat the dummy today, & he tells me the local pub The Hilltop Hotel is full of cowboys.........surprise surprise!!!

Have you been there Ayup?

Welcome back John haven't seen you on here for a while,you've missed nothing :(

Caz Posted: Apr 15 2006, 10:18 AM 

[& made my partner watch too] 

:Friends: He's the only one i feel sorry for.being made to sit through that romantic TOSH. [tripe] :Friends:

Nothing wrong with a bit of culture Bip,trouble is you men don't know what's good for you,all that romance begins to rub off & before long we are being treated like girlfriend's instead of waitresses!!

happy gals happy boys smile2

!rulez! I'll stick to going out at least at the end of the night one thing is certain. I'll be pissed...

Caz, when are these guys going to figure it out...Make a woman happy, and she'll make you happy ;) (if ya know what I mean!!)

Caz Posted on Apr 19 2006, 11:04 AM

That's why most of you are on your own!!! 

!rulez! Did i detect bitterness there in that statement Caz are you having a bad hair day or are sales down or even you're getting a little bit home sick?

Which ever it is you keep getting the Cheep plonk down ya gal and all those big troubles you have will simply disappear like the cheep vino you're so fond of! !rotfl!

Caz, I don't think these guys realize how replaceable men really are...for instance I am sitting here very happily eating a raspberry flavored chocolate truffle. Am I the slightest bit interested in men right now?! I think not!!! girlvboy If I start to show a little concern about how insensitive men can be, I'll just pop another one in my mouth! Come to think of it, this would go quite nicely with a glass of Shiraz! ;) Then again, it's only 9:45 in the morning, perhaps a little too early for the chocolates even.

He's the only one i feel sorry for.being made to sit through that romantic TOSH. [tripe]

Heh.. well, I think that he is verry happy having pretty partner like Caz this age (I didn't wanted to use word "wife" because I don't know it's the same)... and romantic movies aren't that bad, romantic tv shows are really addictive. I myself don't like indian movies, my mother really likes westerns (I think it depends on the age) but I prefer horror films and movies with deviated sense of humor (South Park, Family Guy, Scary Movie, The Simpsons, The Weeds, Desperate Housewives and so on).

Cali Gal Posted: Apr 16 2006, 11:03 PM  

Caz, when are these guys going to figure it out...Make a woman happy, and she'll make you happy  (if ya know what I mean!!)

:Kiss: Been there done that Cali & Caz, all i got after 35 years of doing my best to please was "Sorry darling but i have an headache!

No woulder so many men stray from the marital home...

Cali Gal Posted on Apr 19 2006, 04:49 PM

Come to think of it, this would go quite nicely with a glass of Shiraz!  Then again, it's only 9:45 in the morning, perhaps a little too early for the chocolates even. 

Not to early for Caz, any time is Martini time..... !rotfl!

!rulez! I beleive we have took a wrong turn with this topic so lets end the off topic banter.. !rulez!

Martini?? I hate it,makes me puke !sickly!

It's not nearly sophisticated enough for me darling, I like something bitter,dry & sharp.............just like me !rotfl!

Honestly Den the newcomers on here will think I'm a right juice head listening to you,I never have a drink until after 6.30 PM & never on Gym days which is 4/5 days a week,so doesn't give me much time to get plastered Love :Friends:

Ha Ha ha.......... Honest i'm off wine a bit now too, gives me headache. I reckon Vodka is the go,nice clean taste & you can dilute it down with some lime & soda.

Wish I was coming on your pub crawl with Cali & the rest,it will be a riot !jumping!

No pub crawl this year!! Or at least not the one I'm going to! We drink in front of our kids, but responsibly! !cheers!

If everyone wants to get drunk and stupid (which I must add, nobody did last year), then schedule a different meet-up where that's on the agenda. This one will be a kid friendly daytime event. By the way, has anyone seen anything from Mick lately, where has our leader gone?

:Kiss: Micks in the states Cali....

:Vampire: Did i read you right Cali the meet is in the day light well that's me out then never drink during the day......... vampire2 blood at night from a virgin of cause but they are few and far between these days.

have you heard if you stand beside one of the lions in slab square and he rows at a lady passing by then she is a virgin, never heard one yet...