Sort This One....

Guest scooterboy

B) First off lets eliminate a few places B)

B) Is it in England somewhere ???

B) Secondly, if yes. N S E or W ???

B) Thirdly, I give up LOL :D

B) Blow it I'm going out for a pint or two or three or four or five

post-29-1099161127_thumb.jpg

Its the new computerised DVLA SORN enforcement bureau..

now at the tap of a key a fine can be winging its way in seconds..

a job that would have previously taken days prior to the building of this complex.

Its a good bet this is somewhere in Nottm!

a5h4w.

B) Would that be the Crown courts, :D

B) It looks to me to be the new Tax buildings just off Castle Boulevard the other side of the Nottingham to Beeston Canal. :P RIGHT :P

:ph34r: Anyway if i'm not makes no odds i'm off to watch Panthers Play Sheffield Steelers at the arena, Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

B) Hi i'm back Panthers 3 Steelers 1 great game, now what was the question. B)

B) Miles out ummmmmmmmmmmmm :blink:

post-29-1099235965_thumb.jpg

:) On studying the photo for about 15 mins and on the clues you have gave us, this is a long shot but i think you are referring too when you say SMOKE . you mean Tobacco and when you say CHOPPER you mean RALEIGH, so Putting all the clues together i think it's the new university accommodation buildings that they have built on the old site of Raleigh industries. On the bottom left you have the Bonded Warehouse of John Player & sons which is on the corner of Triumph road and Ilkeston road, and when you reffer to Jonh Barass i think you mean the Crown pub, which is on the Crown islands at the junction of Wollaton road and Middleton Boulevard :D

post-29-1099601858_thumb.jpg

Guest scooterboy

well done black ice picasso. spot on. i think we may have to get another one soon.

they might be new ones as im not to hot on the older stuff as im only 37, and can only go on what my father-in-law and old man tell me. my dad knows a bit about nottm .......... :ph34r:

:D Thanks Scooterboy, I should have solved that quicker than that.

I have passed that location hundreds of times over the past 40 or so years on my way to work on the bus and later on on my motor bike, but i never realised that there was a canal at the back of those buildings, that's what threw me..

But i do remember a canal going alongside of the crown pub, i always wondered where that went to, it was partially filled in when i lived up wollaton.

I think it was the Bonded warehouse that gave it away in the end as soon as i realised that the building at the bottom left was that building that was it, everything fell into place then, B)

:ph34r: Those were the days my friend we thought they would never end :ph34r:

Guest scooterboy

I remember delivering all the pipes for the new buildings. the water round the back i believe is man made as they turfed it all then filled it with water. owt for the students to have a bath in. alot of folk drive past and dont realise there is water round the back........... :ph34r:

• 4 months later...
I remember delivering all the pipes for the new buildings. the water round the back i believe is man made as they turfed it all then filled it with water. owt for the students to have a bath in. alot of folk drive past and dont realise there is water round the back........... :ph34r:

You can cut though the jubilee campus around the man made lake and it brings you out on Derby Road , that lake is full of some massive koi carp , its mostly Korean students in that end of the campus , and i am told they taste mighty good with a stir fry bag and a dash of Soya sauce from the green grocers on crown island .

I wonder why there are so many of these Korean students here? - what's so special about Nottm university, do they offer courses specific to their culture? chipshopology maybe??

there's one special set of traffic lights at the end of Woodside road where it meets the entrance to the uni, that you are GUARANTEED to be stopped by these Koreans / Chinese / taiwanese or whoever.. inasmuch the lights are referred to by many as 'The Ho Chi Min' crossing! :huh:

Totally agree about those lights. I have now been ciggy-less for two years but when I went to work and my husband drove me I hated those lights, he would moan before we got there and moan all the time they were on stop. You know how men blow things up out of all proportion, it was always along the lines of '...waiting twenty minutes at Ho Chi Min City,,,; It was all of thirty seconds. I used to have two cigarettes a day, one on the way to work and one on the way back. I will leave you to guess the common denominator.

Didn't bother smoking at work because the Revenue had a no smoking policy they were trying to bring in to force and all smokers were sent outside,

A :P