my superstar son who is doing a gig in Newcastle at the Carling stadium this weekend by the way!!

Spill the beans Caz whats your sons band called ?

Did you know The Beatles played at the Majestic Ballroom in 1963 now the Carling Academy Newcastle ?

http://www.newcastle-academy.co.uk/pages/venue.cfm

The band "Orangelights" are making their debut appearance at the Carling stadium Newcastle tonight .They have never done a live gig together until tonight so i'm sure they are all excited & looking forward to it very much.

Needless to say their music is excellent,they have had some great reviews. Well what else would you expect me to say Lol!!

:Kiss: Yes very impressive Caz, how do i get hold of the album? can i buy it off eBay? wereno1

orange-lights.jpg

http://www.floatationsuite.com/

About theorangelights

'ONE OF THE BEST UNSIGNED ACTS IN THE WORLD' - SAT BISLA, A&R WORLDWIDE. REVIEW, FEBRUARY 22, 2006: "Newcastle, England-based five piece Orange Lights have recorded one of the most compelling albums of the year with producer Ken Nelson (Coldplay, Howling Bells). The A&R Worldwide featured act which is completely unsigned and unpublished for the world is represented by the UK-based Ben Turner. Orange Lights recently completed recording its 10 song album with multi-Platinum selling producer Ken Nelson who happened to hear the band’s demos and requested that he be allowed to produce the full-length regardless of them not having a record deal. The result is one of the best new albums of 2006. The band’s representative is already in talks with a number of majors so a deal is poised to be closed imminently. A&R Worldwide’s Sat Bisla, along with staffer and colleague Brandon Fuller, discovered the band a couple of months ago through their friend Seven Webster. Bisla said he has not felt this strongly about an unsigned band since he first received Keane’s demos back in 2002, a band he helped garner global A&R and radio interest prior to their worldwide signing with UMG."

:Kiss: Yes very impressive Caz, how do i get hold of the album? can i buy it off eBay? wereno1

Not sure about an album release date BIP,but will keep you posted.

post-51-1143949578_thumb.jpg

This is my son who is, along with several other band members, "theorangelights"

The band consists of

Jason Hart lead vocals/Guitar

Paul Tucker Piano

Ewan Warden Guitar

Chris Gittens Bass

Alex Lucas Drums

And the good looks? well you will have to make up your own mind thumbsup

• 2 months later...

Just been sent a link to a gig my son & his band performed at recently,if you are interested you can download one of the songs & listen for free. At least one of the band is from Nottingham [my son]well I am sort of keeping to the rules !!

Put this into your browser, click on record/ play at the Carling Academy & away you go.

www.myspace.com/theorangelights

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...