Sit-on mower project.

For about four years now my old sit-on mower has been languishing in the shed, gathering rust.  A couple of weeks ago I decided that it was high time I did summat abaht it.  I stripped the mower and engine down completely and have replaced a leaky old engine gasket and a faulty oil seal that was causing seepage onto the drive belts - the final straw that caused me to stop using it; it was getting onto the drive belt and setting it on fire!  I have now rebuilt the whole thing and have bought a new battery which is currently on charge.  Once charged I will fit it and, fingers crossed, if the engine does not leak oil, will get a new cutter drive belt to complete the project.  After all that I had only one spare part left over....a washer?!  I did manage to lose a bolt from the engine but that was easily replaced.

If it works I will post a photo - watch this space..........

• Upvote 1

You'll probably have to wait until spring for the grass to grow a bit Compo ! 

According to the forecast, winter is on its way next week !

Ours needs cutting now, Fly.  I'm hoping to get it done before winter arrives on Monday.  The old drive belt might still be good for just one cut.

That's it ! Positive thinking Compo. Give it a go.

Sit-on mower is now back together and actually WORKING!  I managed one complete cut and just as I was finishing, the old cutter belt finally gave up.  I have ordered a new one and it should arrive in time to be fitted in time for a final cut of the year.30003423493_4311e63b33_h.jpg

30637273585_6de375078c_k.jpg

• Like 1