Ethiopian Restaurant

There’s a transport cafe on the A17 near to Wisbech. Lots of vintage tractors and the like. That’s a great place for a meal and you can actually see them cooking it. They shout out the number on your order and you stick your hand up! I love it. My wife’s not so keen though, not posh enough!

• Like 2
On 14/12/2017 at 10:30 AM, Compo said:

Don't you like the look of the fish in the above Tilapia picture, Col?

I don't like any fish very much Compo.  The smell of a fishmarket makes me heave and shellfish etc., are just a complete no no.

Writing a review is about giving a balanced view of all aspects of the restaurant.  I soemtimes don't like th efood but it would not alter my score for service and cleanliness, etc..

I don't doubt that's true in your case Compo.  What I'm trying to say is that the internet gives lots of people the opportunity to damn or praise a place for the flimsiest of reasons and we are left to read between the lines.

As for the general picture re: 'hygeine'.  I'd say that there are good, bad and indifferent places irrespective of the ethnicity.  Around 1972, I worked for a few months in a 'Chef and Brewer' establishment in Hartley Wintney in Hampshire,.  Back then, Chef and Brewer were slightly up market from Berni. I pulled a tray of steaks out of one of the fridges on a busy evening.  The things were practically green..  Slimy and smelly.  I was ordered to fill a sink with cold water and put the steaks in it, then add a couple of pints of vinegar.  Next I was told to wash the slime off the steaks, dry them off on towels and pass them through to the grill chef...

Glad I wasn't eating there that night.

They should have been!!

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

There’s a transport cafe on the A17 near to Wisbech. Lots of vintage tractors and the like. That’s a great place for a meal and you can actually see them cooking it. They shout out the number on your order and you stick your hand up! I love it. My wife’s not so keen though, not posh enough!

Its  called Frank's café. His brother owns the shop the other side, with the tractors, the café has the plane and the tank.they don't get on with each other, so I suppose there is going to be some sort of one sided war...

• Like 1

Yes, that’s it. It’s the one on left hand side going towards Sutton Bridge I’ve used. The one with the farm shop. I’ve not been to the other. Always try and make it for breakfast if I’m driving to Norfolk. There is a more upmarket room if you don’t want to dine with the peasants!