Sign in to follow this  
DaveN

Lost Pubs In Nottingham

There is a massive topic on this very site, "Pubs closing down" with an impressive one thousand three hundred & thirty three replies, can you imagine if this was posted there? Making one thousand three hundred & thirty four replies, the interest & memories it may jog? 

Anyone noticed all these NottmPost articles are written by Andy Smart, I think he should pay the bill for our site? Before it disappears, It's clearly where he gets all his info from.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kiwi Keith has finished up and The Dale has closed..last bit of englishness on that strip..sad.

Had some triffic times int' Dale.

Anyone remember the old Dolphin on North Church Street?..the pale yellow painted boozer.1434ed-db580d2c0691409194b391fd75794f3a- This is the old one that served 'stoppers'..tankard of Stones Ginger Wine and summat else- then a red hot poker straight from the fire into the concoction!

About 1971..it was knocked..and the new Dolphin was built....not the same though apparently.nottingham-ng1-byrons.jpgThe fencing crowd took it over on a Friday night...nice hotpots at lunch..

( Bettys recipe?)

Became Byrons later...

I see from the photo of the Dolphin pub the young lady is getting married any idea who she is?

I remember (before old enough to drink) my mum an dad going to a pub the used to call "Crowie" I  think this was the Crocus down the meadows.

Hello Mary,  there's a PDF relating to the Dolphin,  they brewed their own beer with named casks if memory serves. Best I can do ...no PC at the mo

This is of some interest..( Andy?)

Early shot of The Miltons Head..taken from The Old Corner Pin...no vic Centre or KFC.Boots or Fine Fare 1cc1243373b156c51060c73c5a55d8d9.jpg

Just up from Joyce's on Glasshouse St...

Popular with Vic Station lads..shut about '71?nottingham-ng1-sirisaacnewton.jpgCorner of Howard St...some cases in the Isaac Newton.

Just thinking back..our late friend Dave..did cadet or some training in that curved building on the left..circa 1950's.

Even i have'nt been in this bogger...64501-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgPhotographed from Trinity Church wall..The Shakespeare Inn..on Milton St.( the side entrance to Jessops.) nowadays..before Marsdens Cafe?

If you were thirsty on Milton St.last century..you were'nt short of choices  of an evening.

Unicorn.

Golden Key.

Robin Hood and Little John.

Plough & Harrow.

George and Dragon.

Miltons Head...and the above pictured Shakespeare.