PeverilPeril

Elston and Hopkin, Snooker tables.

5 hours ago, HSR said:

I have a lovely old cue, given to me. 

I have old one piece cue also given to me many years ago by an old fellow in the Wollaton British Legion, it’s hanging from a beam in the loft, I’m sure it’s made by Elston & Hopkins, it’s in a long black tubular metal case, he recommended I had a new “Blue Diamond” tip fitted, which I did at E&H in Sneinton. 

Read the post's most of you seemed to have played "Snooker" have any of you played "Billiards!? this is a different game altogether.

My father was pretty handy at billiards, and that stood him in good stead for snooker. He did try to show me the fundamentals but i couldn't grasp it in the same way as snooker. My father actually beat Ray Reardon at a guest visit tournament at my fathers golf club. A few of the decent players were invited to play and dad was one of them. Before the game, they were requested to smash the balls (no pun intended) on the break so that Ray would look good!.. Not dad's style, he plays anything to win. When Ray lost the frame, he congratulated my dad for a 'interesting ' game.

6 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Read the post's most of you seemed to have played "Snooker" 

You should have read the title of this thread Mary? Says snooker not billiards :crazy:

10 hours ago, radfordred said:

You should have read the title of this thread Mary? Says snooker not billiards :crazy:

YES!!!  I'm nit blind but what tables do you play Billiards on if not snooker tables?  Which game came first ? you also have to cover both tables will wool cloth and make sure the nap is going in the right direction, can't both subjects have a discussion on or do we have to start a new  topic. (on more or less the same thing?) compusmash

radfordred 

I'm so so sorry if i confused any one it won't happen again  after reading the post all i did was comment. wrist slapped

if you believe this you will believe any thing .lips0