Its even more wrong than I thought it was. I had one of those in my collection years ago and ended up selling it because the mistakes bugged me.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to find a Leyland Atlantean I could re-brand as NCT, so here is the result from this     To this         Waiting for the destina

Lincolnshire transport museum Hykeham open days 30 June 27 October free admission, refreshments available at reasonable cost also open Sundays 11.00 till 16.00 but no buses running

A Reliant Regal with City of Nottingham Water Department on it side, I didnt know they used these, can anyone remember them.  

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

AEC RT West Bridgeford 61A Clifton Trent Bridge

https://little-wheels.net/products/180543

180543e.jpg

I have the very same model and despite the comments I really like mine although it's not the usual scale I have in my collection

Rog

On 10/27/2022 at 9:13 PM, The Pianoman said:

the transfers arrived and I've already put a couple on the four wheeled Trolley bus, next for the treatment will be the six wheeler, thanks for the link Pianoman,just adds a finishing touch to the little model, I've attached a photo of four of them, maybe need a microscope to see the crest but I can assure you it's all there

DSCF1663-2.jpg

Rog

Bit of a cock up when I converted this to Nottingham colours, I lacquered it after I assembled it so lacquer all over the windows, I have just spent the best part of hour and half with some T cut and try to clean the lacquer off, seems to have come out ok, once again it's 1/76 scale

DSCF1669_(2).jpg

DSCF1671_(2).jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Have you got the long tube under the chassis Rog, you know, the one for putting the pole in that the conductor uses to move the rooftop poles.:rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Have you got the long tube under the chassis Rog, you know, the one for putting the pole in that the conductor uses to move the rooftop poles.:rolleyes:

Afraid not BK, Dont think the manufacturers gave it a second thought

Rog

Just bought an OOC BUT 6 wheeler on Evilbay. NCT of course. Will see how good it is when it arrives. You never know, three might come at once  :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Pianoman said:

Just bought an OOC BUT 6 wheeler on Evilbay. NCT of course. Will see how good it is when it arrives. You never know, three might come at once  :)

Think I saw that one advertised, I am halfway through re-branding my three axle trolley bus, waiting for the "Nottingham City Transport" transfers arriving, all the seat are now painted and hand rails gone over with silver fine felt tip pen

DSCF1652-2.jpg

Rog

12 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

Are the destination blinds on the South Notts buses the originals or have you replaced/made/found new?

Found new supply, "Sunrise Transfers" they have a website and are on F/B, order form on the website and pay is cheque only, no internet ordering, they are in Glasgow so a lot of their transfers are for Scottish buses but still quite a few English company's available, I got the South Notts transfers from them as well,

Rog

• Like 1

Final coat of acrylic lacquer and it's not looking too bad, trying to find some destination blind transfers but the "Nottingham City Transport" transfers should be here tomorrow

DSCF1690-2.jpg

Rog

Is it a '39 Wollaton park/Carlton' then Rog. Or perhaps a '43 Trent Bridge'. They were commonly known as "Whispering Giants".

On 11/16/2022 at 8:53 PM, Beekay said:

Rog, I would love to be a fly on your wall, so I could sit and watch you at work.

I think you would find it very boring mate, most of the time is spent waiting for paint to dry before doing the lining then waiting again until it's ready for a coat of lacquer, but in between drying times I'm looking through the Nottingham tram and trolley bus book and the Nottingham city transport 140year celebration book at all the pictures for inspiration for another model

Rog

14 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Is it a '39 Wollaton park/Carlton' then Rog. Or perhaps a '43 Trent Bridge'. They were commonly known as "Whispering Giants".

Would like to think it could be a Trent Bridge to Bulwell Market same as the ones I used to catch as a kid going to grandma's

Rog

Can I ask, what lacquer do you use?  B.

I don't think those big buggers would do well on the 40/47 Wilford route. They'd be struggling to get through the old St.Annes well road. That's why they used the those skinny 4 wheeler trolleys.  B.

42 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Can I ask, what lacquer do you use?  B.

I don't think those big buggers would do well on the 40/47 Wilford route. They'd be struggling to get through the old St.Annes well road. That's why they used the those skinny 4 wheeler trolleys.  B.

I use Plastikote quick dry clear acrylic lacquer spray gloss, from "Toolstation" a 400ml can is £8.10 they also do satin and matt finish at the same price

Rog

And I'm really looking forward to seeing the projects progress.

Don't know why I should get so excited, as I'm not there to see it. No doubt you'll be taking photographs as you go along.

• Like 1

Just in the planning stage at the moment, the loft boards are fitted and a couple of card buildings built but the roadway needs painting in and some footpaths etc followed by street furniture lamp post bus stop that sort of thing, more of an ongoing development than a well planned build but that's all part of the fun don't you think an evolution in miniature so to speak, a bit like how local council planning works, spend some money and see if it works, if not spend some more and so on if you know what I mean slywink

You must have an idea though Rog, or will you be making it as you go along. When building from scratch, you've always have the opportunity to change your mind if something is not suitable.

Good luck with it anyroad !

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Beekay said:

You must have an idea though Rog, or will you be making it as you go along. When building from scratch, you've always have the opportunity to change your mind if something is not suitable.

Good luck with it anyroad !

The blank canvas so far, plenty of room to add or take away bits

P1100017-2.jpg

Rog

I have quite an eclectic mix of models, thought you might like to see these, 1/50 scale construction equipment, I use to service and repair the full size versions before I went into quarry management

P1100052.jpg

or what about a 1950's Dinky railway set (about N gauge size) I know the blue is not the right shade for the loco but not been able to get any Garter Blue from my local model shop yet

P1100054.jpg

Rog

Donor bus for the next NCT trolley

P1100049.jpg

P1100050.jpg

stripped down now and first coat of spray primer put on, can't do any more until that is dry which is very slow in this weather, (don't think Mrs P would be very pleased if I sprayed it in the kitchen)

Rog