Nottingham Scooterboys - Year? Where are they now?

Condolences to you on the loss of your father, RGR. I hope you are able to enjoy some time with your brother.

I'm reasonably well-read on post-war ice hockey in the UK and I wonder if I would know of your dad and his brothers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres some of the lads from the original picture a good 5 years ago, left to right; Partner cant remember the first guys name but then theres Bob on scooter, Ray, my partner/rays son and then dodge. E

1966 Lambretta SX200, "Eddie Grimstead Imperial."

In July 2011 l was at a scooter show at Calverton Notts.when l saw a 150 Sprint Vespa with a Baldet badge on it so l mentioned to one of the guys that was also driving a 150 GS Baldet,his name was Stu

RGR

Your story is in some ways similar to mine.

My father was English and emigrated to Canada in 1957, then on to Los Angeles.

I was five,we were supposed to follow but never did?

A Cop friend in California located him in Los Angeles, he was 84 at the time. We were reunited when I went over for the first time

in November of that year. There begins a very interesting story of an amazing man. He died recently at the age of 96.

Condolences on your loss RGR,

but on a lighter note that's a fine 'Drape' style coat your brother's wearing c/w small 'dog end' pocket above RHS side pocket..........

Condolences to you on the loss of your father, RGR. I hope you are able to enjoy some time with your brother.

I'm reasonably well-read on post-war ice hockey in the UK and I wonder if I would know of your dad and his brothers.

As i recall the teams they played for were "Wembley Lions" Alex also called Scotty Reid,John and my dad Rab Reid played for Paisley Pirates and Fyfe Flyers,

• 1 month later...

Once again thanks to all who sent their condolences about my father's passing. I understand Randy had a hard time getting back into the UK. He has to get himself British citizenship. Just came across the latest on the scooter rally Hoodstock will be hel at the Mellish Rugby Club on Mapperley Plains Road on the 19-20th of July. Always lots of custom scooters at this show. Live music by the Moderator's. Won't be attending this one myself, but hope to be Cleethorpes Rally on the 6th of July and the following weekend, Americana (which I cover for a Canadian newspaper). So, the weather is definitely going to be good. Two photos of the Blue Boar scooter club in Hucknall market._6036898156.jpg

another mods and rockers doo at the stag and phesant prostpect st radford april 27th 2013 if anyone interested . belive it will be a fun day with activities for all the family in the afternoon and disco food in the evening.

WITH A BIT OF LOOK IT WILL IMPROVE BEFORE THEN MICK. BEEN FOR FIRST WEDNESS DAY OF THE YEAR TO MFN TONIGHT FEW THERE.MALCS NEW BAND PLAYED A GOOD NIGHT