Couldn’t think of an appropriate title because it’s too unbelievable. For the last 23 yrs I have used my Italian ID to travel even to UK. I never thought I’d need any other document. After Brexit it changed a lot of things , I could no longer travel to meet up with friends and family because I needed a passport. I was determined not to get my old PP renewed after 17 yrs. Now I want to go to uk with my daughter. Ok simple? Not on your Nellie! Italian pp seemed impossible as they were taking too long so tried to apply on line for British PP. Applying online requires a coded photo which here they’ve never heard of . I wrote a few emails to various people who were supposed be a help and was told the following. Keep in mind that I am entitled to a British PP. Yes you can apply for a British Pp if you live in Italy . But when you leave UK you will have to have a visa 

maybe it’s better that you have an Italian PP. We decided to give up the idea but my husband tried to ring the Italian Questura in Stato di Polizia and every time he rang they hung up. He tried for a week. Then one day a lady rang me enquiring if I still had some preservation jars for sale. She came to collect them and in the conversation touched on unavailable telephone calls. She knew all about it as she was head telefonista at the Questura. She was  very kind and helped us along with the applications. ( instructions only) One month later we had our Pp.  Unbelievable how you think your British upbringing could let you down by not issuing you with an essential document.

So pleased you’ve got the issue sorted Nonna.  Hope your daughter doesn’t have the same problems too.  Does this mean we can arrange a meet-up when you’re over here?  

• Like 1

It just goes to show nonna we should have stayed in Europe 

I did not have any problem, but for some reason it gets harder to travel  if I was 50 ummm 60 years younger and knew what I know now it would br=e back pack on and GO!!!!

Lizzie not sure but doubt it. It will probably be after Christmas as now flights are untouchable and Deborah will have more time and hasn’t got the strength during the summer. She just wants to flakeout. Heatwaves and hot kitchens don’t mix.