Ayup all,

As kids we all collected things from time to time, be it frog spawn and conkers or holes in your trousers and nits. What did you collect and what do you wish you had kept?

Don't be shy

Roger

Didn't the rocket come out of the "exhaust pipes" just behind the seats? I seem to remember there wasa circular saw type device at the front of th B-mobile.

I had the Daktari set complete with tiny spectacles for Clarence the X-eyed lion.

Farmyard with lead figures.

Moulds for lead soldiers.

A box of first world war postcards (some embroidered) found in a house under demolition.

One was (re)posted by my young brother, ended up at the original house address

in Radford, and reported on as 'late delivery 1918-1964 by the Evening Post.

Yep I think you're right on that one Bamber, its a long time ago,

Beermats! used to pluck up courage to run in a pub and grab some off the tables, I wish I'd still got all the Shippo's and Home ales ones, Tetley's always made theirs a bit thicker than the others, (probably spilt more of that though)

Mick I've still got some first war post cards, sent to my grandmother from my grandfather when he was in the trenches at Ypres and some of them are embroided, also a box of dominoes he brought second hand after he returned to England, made out of ebony and ivory with brass studs through the middle, Thanks for reminding me, I'll have a look for them tomorrow

Roger

Didn't the rocket come out of the "exhaust pipes" just behind the seats?

Heres a piccy

db5.jpg

I still have one of these minus the roof, drivers still in his seat and the over riders and submachine guns at the front pop out when lever at the side is pressed.

Unfortunately the other lever which operates the rear bullet sheild and over riders at the back dosen't work. The ejector seat does work albeit manually....Aston Martin DB5 in silver..made by Corgi all die cast metal............who would like to make me an offer...?

JamesBondDB5.jpg

Sorry for poor quality of image, as you can see it's seen better days. correction on my previous post the bullet shield does work.

One toy I wish I still had was one of the first Scalextrics to come out , Late 50s early 60s, smooth track, push button controls ( either on or off) and tin plate cars, many hours of fun had with that one

Hi Bip

Did you leave the Aston unattended in St Annes at some point in it's life?

Roger

Up to only a couple of years ago the roof was still on but once my grand kids got their hands on it, well! kids will be kids?

BiP

One toy I wish I still had was one of the first Scalextrics to come out , Late 50s early 60s, smooth track, push button controls ( either on or off) and tin plate cars, many hours of fun had with that one

Don't remember the Metal Version Roger, you must be older than I thought, lol ;)

I had the Plastic Bodied Version with the hand held controls...it wasn't that long ago I took what was left of it to the charity shop... :victory:

BiP

Didn't the rocket come out of the "exhaust pipes" just behind the seats?

Heres a piccy

db5.jpg

I must have a different version to the one I have just seen on Flog it.

Firstly mine is silver as apposed to gold and mine doesn’t have an exhaust pipe but two rear overrides which you push and the bullet proof shield pops up.

The one on Flog it was in it’s original Corgy box and realised £80.

BiP

Hi Bip,

Yes 55 this year, the scalextric I spoke of had an oblong box with two buttons on one for each "driver" you took your finger off the button to slow the cars down for a corner etc and pressed the button again for the car to continue. I remember later on my dad went to Skills toy shop and bought two new cars one red and one blue made of plastic

( D) type Jaguars and two new hand controllers, these were red in colour which you held in the palm of your hand with the sliding thumb operated button on the top effectivley a speed controller, the track just pushed together with male and female pins along the metal runners unlike the locking buttons they use today. The crossover bridge supports were in effect fold flat cardboard with printed brick patterns and the corner/bend fences just slotted into holes on the outside edge of the corners and flagpoles made of plastic with paper flags pushed into holes along the straights. Oh I wish I'd still got it.

Cheers

Roger