Robin Hood on BBC America

Over the weekend, BBC America showed the first episode of a new "Robin Hood" series. They showed it on Saturday night, and repeated in on Sunday. I watched it on Sunday and thought it was very good - a nice blend of tongue-in-cheek humor and serious period acting/costumes/scenery etc.

Has the series been on in England? If so I would love to hear any comments.

sounds just like the telly here all repeats,

Both BBC America and BBC Canada show the same things over and over, but BBC Canada is the better of the two with more variety of programming.

I have well over 400 channels of movies, news, weather, "locals", Discovery, Travel, Science, History etc etc.. Could be as high as 600 counting Nimiq 1 satellite. Not counted them yet.

I didn't get to watch Robin Hood though, maybe next time.

We were away this last weekend, so we Tivo'd Robin Hood. I'm looking forward to seeing it, haven't seen a version of Robin in years [there are so many out there] Incidently, we were in Lake Havasu for the w/e and went over the old London Bridge more times in 2 days than I did when it was in London!

My husband was flipping through channels the other night and I saw the title and told him to stop there. I only saw a quick peak of it and was a bit dissapointed, the camera work during a fight scene reminded me of an old Bruce Lee movie, then we saw the guy do a back flip off the second story of a hay loft (or something?) about 6 times from all different angles. That was enough for me.

Katyjay, what were you doing in Lake Havasu? I grew up in the Palm Springs area and we used to go there a lot. I learned to waterski there!!

Incidently, we were in Lake Havasu for the w/e and went over the old London Bridge more times in 2 days than I did when it was in London!

Wasn’t that the bridge bought by the American businessman who thought at the time he was buying the Tower Bridge. ha ha ha.

Like you Elaine I too didn’t like it saw a couple of episodes then forgot it was on. They had a children’s version of the Robin Hood tales, which I believe was called Maid Marian and her Merry Men, now I liked that, appealed to my sense of humour.

Maid Marian=Kate Lonergan

Robin Hood=Wayne Morris

Sherriff=Tony Robinson..Blackadders,Boldrick. !rotfl!

chicken2.jpgseries2.jpg

Link to site where pictures are taken from.

Bip :victory:

That was the rumour. Although I can't believe he'd spend all that money without actually seeing it, or a picture of it, beforehand. They numbered every piece as they dismantled it, and they built it like a jigsaw once over here. It was built in the middle of the desert, then the diverted the Colorado River underneath afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

caligal, sorry I just saw your question of Mar 6. You're most likely in the UK now, so don't know if you'll see this reply.

We were in Lake Havasu for a golfing weekend. The men golf and the 'girls' shop, movies etc. The town has grown so big now, you most likely wouldn't recognise it. Still bloody hot in the summer [122 deg] but lovely the other 9 months of the year.

As for Robin Hood on the telly, we're 3 or 4 episodes into it and still enjoying it. Not many 'Nottingham' accents among the actors though, plenty of Yorkshire, some Southerners.