Special offer from the young labor league and the councillor Collins Collective(today only) All people painting ONE (and one only) square of the new `Old market Square' Red,will receive a 20 Pounds gift voucher for purchasing graffiti removing compound for use in the square.

Apply in person to the above mentioned ,but not until after midday as they will still be asleep Why should Moscow alone have a `Red Square'? :rolleyes:

I think the Co-op did something similar in the 60's(?) when the vans turned from red to blue? Any significance there do you think?

I had a little time to play with last night, before meeting my mate and his wife at The Old Moot Hall before the game, so I decided to take a detour through the market square, just to see what the fuss is all about and to where my Council tax had been spent.

Large metal barriers greeted me as I turned off Clumber Street to face the back of the Council house, so what’s this all about? Metal barriers everywhere blocking all entrances to the new square, once past the barriers you had a feeling of Quantanamo Bay syndrome, police in high fizz jacks, paramedics sitting alone in their four by fours drinking tea out of plastic cups and eating sandwiches from plastic containers, Paddy wagons waiting for their first customers and masses of young people waiting for their favourite band for the night to sort out their sheet music, Yeah right. No wander there were no queues outside Rock City as I passed there earlier, which I must say I missed, the sight of queuing Goths always puts a smile on my face.

Needless to say the fountains weren’t working, either they had been turned off or they had broken again who knows.

Maybe just maybe one day when all the razzmatazz has ended I shall get the see the fountains in all their glory, but until then I will have to be satisfied with a boring blank desert of grey slabs of which they call the new Slab Square.

Bip.