A Former BBC Radio Nottingham presenter has told how passengers prayed during a mid-air emergency on a Majorca-bound jet.

Graham Percy, 61, said there was total silence at first when there was a loud band and the Boeing 757 suddenly lost height.

I know how he feels with all of this horrible so called music ,today! boombox2

Don't get me started !!!! oops too late you have, What gets my goat is that (almost)nobody can write themselves an original tune these days they all seem to totaly ruin someone elses great riffs for the sake of a talentless geek who wouldn't recognise great music if it were to jump up and bite them on the bum

;)

Oooo who rattled your cage Beefsteak? LOl

Don't get me started !!!! oops too late you have, What gets my goat is that (almost)nobody can write themselves an original tune these days they all seem to totaly ruin someone elses great riffs for the sake of a talentless geek who wouldn't recognise great music if it were to jump up and bite them on the bum

;)

Ditto Beefcake. :Friends:

:tease: Regarding load music I hate it especially in pubs.

Will the youth of today be as deaf as I am tomorrow?

In my formative years I listened to music through headphones, only because my taste in music wasn’t compatible with my wife’s tastes, therefore the only way I could hear the type of music I liked while she was in and in the same room as myself I used head shells.

Now the formative years have flown by and the hatchlings have too I find myself slightly deaf.

I put my hard of hearing down to all those years I spent listening to thunderous music, at the time though, I never considered the damage the headphones and loud music were doing me, and I suppose the younger generation don’t either.

It seems no matter where one goes these days, in shops on the bus to the dentist and even to the toilet or standing in the queue for me kebab three out of four young people have some sort of device sticking into their ears, pumping out strident music.

I listened to music for only a couple of hours a week through headphones, it seem to me though that the younger people of today have earpieces in 24/7, god knows what damage their ears will suffer latter in life if not already.

All one hears, as a nonconformist to modern day trends and a love of nature’s own sounds is a high-pitched hiss and the odd word.

I believe we have several DJs or should I say one real one and one that’s played being one, on the Forums.

No offence intended Mick.

So DJs are you as deaf as I am through wearing headphones?

Sorry could you repeat that I’m mutton jeff!

Bip. :ph34r:

Well I personally can say I don't have hearing problems even after 4 years on the Ibiza scene wearing cans a lot of the time but I used to slip out of them as quick as possible between tracks ( to Gauge the crowds responce to the CHOOOOONE I was playing more than anything) but it was always loud any way without them on

What gets me more than anything these days its that when you here the opening riff to a much beloved CHOOOOONE and it turns out to be another cr*p remix I swear my youngest could do better (and he has only just turned one)

madashell

absolutey brilliant loved the granny on two minutes doing the Townsend arm routine

;)

BIP, it aint Mutton Jeff..its Mutt and Jeff!....................now.....did someone speak?

Oh, when i first went to The Dungeon Club, Easter Monday 1966, i came away with my ears ringing...they havent stopped since, 27 years so far, of headphones (cans to Beefsteak ya trendy and part time git, 4 years? thats nowt!! ) and studio monitors and pa stacks faaar to loud for safety, have left these lugs f*cked!

BIP, it aint Mutton Jeff..its Mutt and Jeff!....................now.....did someone speak?

Oh, when i first went to The Dungeon Club, Easter Monday 1966, i came away with my ears ringing...they havent stopped since,  27 years so far, of headphones (cans to Beefsteak ya trendy and part time  git, 4 years? thats nowt!! )  and studio monitors and pa stacks faaar to loud for safety, have left these lugs f*cked!

I grew up and settled down LOL !!!!!

;)

It was just 4 years in Ibiza, cos I met SWMBO and came back to visit and stayed,but ,on and off, (mostly on ) 15 years in the U.K.

And I was lying slightly I do occasionally get a touch of Tinnatus (but don't tell SWMBO cos im'e thinking of restarting disco/kareoke nights again (just to make a few bob while I finish my retraining ))!!!

;)

Oh and part time ? it was at least 14 hours per night (usually 20) I kid you not .7 days per week for 7 months of the year ,back to the U.K. to find work in November for 5 months then back out to the White Island again

Oh, when i first went to The Dungeon Club, Easter Monday 1966, i came away with my ears ringing...they havent stopped since,  27 years so far, of headphones (cans to Beefsteak ya trendy and part time  git, 4 years? thats nowt!! )  and studio monitors and pa stacks faaar to loud for safety, have left these lugs f*cked!

I grew up and settled down LOL !!!!!

;)

It was just 4 years in Ibiza, cos I met SWMBO and came back to visit and stayed,but ,on and off, (mostly on ) 15 years in the U.K.

And I was lying slightly I do occasionally get a touch of Tinnatus (but don't tell SWMBO cos im'e thinking of restarting disco/kareoke nights again (just to make a few bob while I finish my retraining ))!!!

;)

Oh and part time ? it was at least 14 hours per night (usually 20) I kid you not .7 days per week for 7 months of the year ,back to the U.K. to find work in November for 5 months then back out to the White Island again

Only 20 hours.............? you were lucky, i ad to start dj'ing half an hour before i got up, lick t' club carpets clean wit tongue, drink all the leftover booze out of 't ashtrays, stand on t' door doin security, run in to serve behind t' bar, run over t' dj booth, change t' 12"er, jump into t' light control box and operate all t' disco lights, run back to t'door to check t' guest list, break up 't fights, and then run back to t' dj console to play more 12"ers for another 7 nights non stop. Tel the kids of today and they dont believe yer! smile2

PS, your a lucky swine to only have a bit of tinitus, mines there all the time. :(

:Friends: Don't be so picky Craig who cares whether it’s Mutton Jeff or Mutt Jeff you get my meaning…. told you all my education wasn’t great and the tabs don’t help especially the little green ones, those are the blighters that send me stools blue.

My wife suffered from tetanus, suffered for many years but never complained.

Isn’t there an operation one can have for tenacious ?

Bip. :tease:

only break up fights ? LUXURY I used to dream of only b.............etc etc etc LOL

p.s. any one seen my dead parrot?

;)

In the Hop Pole last night, the music was at a level that was just audible but the crowd at the next table all twelve of them made up for the lack of decibels coming out of the speakers..

If you were working in a closed environment with that amount of noise you would have had to wear ear defenders, just to protect oneself from the intensity of noise that was coming from the load mouths within that company.

One woman’s laugh in particular was so loud I reckon she could have shattered glass at fifty paces, makes me wonder if her mum ever slapped her for being so loud, obviously not by the scream of a laugh she had.

The men were as bad; they too couldn’t say anything without shouting. It was like as if they were in competition with each other vying for one another’s attention and approval, bit like a pack of wolves barking at the pack leader to see which one of them gets a bite of the carcass next.

At times I couldn’t hear myself think and to try to hold a conversation with my mate and his wife was out of the question.

Ok we could have moved into the other bar but my mate smokes and one’s not allowed to smoke in the other side.

Luckily we didn’t have to stomach the noise for long because they left within twenty minutes of us getting there, thank the lord for that, if I had to listen to that all night I would have been even deafer at the end of the night than I was at the beginning.

Bip.

• 2 weeks later...

...and how about this?

Three Poles were attacked by neighbours carrying a baseball bat and a screwdriver in a dispute about loud music.

Andrew Hogg, 32, his brother-in-law Nigel Doyle, 41, and a girl who cannot be named for legal reasons, became angry at loud music being played into the night by their Polish neighbours in Wilford Crescent East, The Meadows.

Nottingham Crown Court heard the girl grabbed a baseball bat and Hogg went back to his nearby home in Mundella Road to arm himself with a screwdriver on December 3 last year.

O.K. they should not have annoyed their neighbours,but where were the police in all this?