I'm going away this afternoon, and won't be back on the computer till Sept 14, so all will be quiet from Northern Arizona. Have fun.

I'm going to Scotland and England, it's a kind of working holiday, I'm driving around the wife of a couple from Florida. My hubby is golfing with her husband, a rotten job, but someone's got to do it! Hope the weather has improved, I'm only taking summer clothes.

Hey ,Bob down this side of the border for a couple of days we will all make you more than welcome

I'll be passing your neck of the wood, when I drive from Manchester airport to Lancing in Sussex, so I'll wave as I go through Cheshire. Can't stop though, sorry.

Ah cmon, I do a mean cuppa, real tea ya know ....................(10 mins from the M6 Junction 18 honest)

I'm in sunny Queensland at the moment & today at the local shopping centre a couple of Pommies have set up shop & are selling Yorkshire teabags!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi beefsteak, I waved to you, honest, a week ago today as I whizzed down the M6. I liked the toll-road bit, worth 4 quid to have it virtually to myself. I was very lucky with the weather, 2 weeks of sunshine everyday, even up in Scotland. Glad to be back home to the wide roads and not much traffic.

They are on about extending the M6 toll road all the way up to my neck of the woods (A further 50 miles)

By the way when it first opened in 2003 the police had no jurastiction on there as it is a private road, it was great fun tanking down it at 100+ MPH with out having to keep an extra eye out for the local constabulary. Eventualy it was sorted out after the crossing of palms with silver, and, as I drove my big slow truck down there on the day the police were first patrolling it was mildly amusing to see all the BMW's and Porsches on the hard shoulder with marked (and unmarked ) police vehicles sat behind them .There but for the grace of god thought I

Hi beefy, just looked where Junction 18 is and its right against the daughter of friends of ours. She lives in Cranage, and you can see her white farmhouse from the M6 apparently. You can't be far from there?

Ask your freinds if there daughter knows that the local lunatic asylum was there at Cranage. It's about 6 miles by road from here, 5 as the crow flies