Was in town doing a bit of shopping today when 3 red engines with blues and twos raced past and stopped outside the Bell in the Square.

Rumour had it that someone was killed in the fire.

Read about it here http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayN...tentPK=18531474

Damn!

The Bell has always been one of my favorite Nottingham pubs. I do hope that they rebuild it rather than tirning it into a shopping mall like the FLying Horse. We can't afford to loose any more of the old places!

The old Landlord there was the president of Nott's Licenced Victulers? and was one of the instigators behind all the city 'Doormen' having to be licenced .Cost us a small fortune at the time (He didn't have any himself so it didn't cost him owt cheeky tw*t.)

Used to play some good jazz in there though. What were they called ? Foot tappers or something like it

Yes the bell holds fond memories too for me like the time I wrestled a bloke to the floor after his mate had took a swing at the land lord….got a free drink for that act of stupidity.

Bip.

The old Landlord there was the president of Nott's Licenced Victulers? and was one of the instigators behind all the city 'Doormen' having to be licenced .Cost us a small fortune at the time (He didn't have any himself so it didn't cost him owt cheeky tw*t.)

Used to play some good jazz in there though. What were they called ? Foot tappers or something like it

That would be the Jackson family also owned midland wine on carton hill

Can't remember the name Nick, but it was a father/ son opperation ,the son had fair curlyish hair and hornrimmed specs about 6ft tall .He'd be well in his 50's now

The Feetwarmers have been a regular band there for years - playing hot jazz ( or so they claimed) wonder if things got too hot for them and their feet caught fire - what will happen to them now - will they just fizzle out with no where to play?